• Objective: To challenge myself by breathing life into a character, making it enchanting and entertaining
1. Extensive fine arts background
2. Works well in a group
3. Finds the fun in an artistic challenge
5. Takes constructive criticism and learns well from it
I am a happy, creative and energetic 25-year-old female with a desire to make things move. I love experimenting with different approaches and mediums, so my art style and inspiration is always bouncing around. I’ve always loved to draw but didn’t know where I fit in the scheme of things. I went to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania initially undeclared, but fell in love with animation. I spent 5 years there honing my skills and networking with classmates and professors. I graduated in May 2009 and have since been diving into my craft and working out of my apartment in Pennsylvania. I’m eager to travel to new places and see what awaits me in my field.
• Experience and Achievements
1. 2011 Worked at Dreamkind as a Character Designer and Animator, helped create 3 animated webisodes for Fuzzoodles
2. 2010 Won best student film for “Otto” at the Epiphany Children’s Film Festival in New York City
3. 2009 Official Selection - Dave Weinkauf Spring Film Festival. Submissions included Otto and Musical Celebrations
4. 2008 Was one of four to animate on Musical Celebrations for the opening of Edinboro’s new music building alongside the Erie Philharmonic
5. 2008 Directed and animated a commercial for Sharon Optical Inc.
6. 2007 Painted windows for Shenango Valley Cinemas
7. 2005 – 2011 Freelance commissions
• Work Experience
1. 2011 – Worked at Dreamkind as a Character Animator.
2. 2010-2011 Designed and animated a 2D short for www.NoirFilms.net
3. 2010 Designed a logo for Booshie Kittie, a children’s clothing brand
4. 2009 Designed a logo for A Broad Travels, a traveling website for women
5. 2002-2009 Designed recall cards for Sharon Optical Inc.
6. 2008 Created a commercial for Sharon Optical Inc.
• Demonstrable Software
Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Corel Painter, Paint Tool SAI, Adobe Illustrator
• Experience In
Lightwave, Sony Vegas Adobe Premiere
2009 BFA Applied Media Arts in Animation
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
1. Beginning animation, Intermediate animation 1 & 2, Advanced animation 1, 2, 3 & 4. Taught by Michael Genz, Brad Pattullo and Cathy Joritz.
2. Drawing 1 & 2, taught by John Bavaro.
3. Painting 1 & 2, taught by Rachel Burke and John Bavaro.
4. Graphic Design taught by Bob Conlon
5. Computer animation 1 & 2 taught by Steve Carpenter
6. Independent study lead by Michael Genz and Brad Pattulo. Task was to create animation to music for the opening of the new music building. Animation was timed to Rossini’s La Scala Di Seta (overture), to be played by the Erie Philharmonic. Allison Frank, Hasan Odom, Michelle Davies and Emy Bitner were all honored and praised by the Edinboro president and got to watch their animation to music masterfully executed.
1. Shows experience with traditional and digital media, ranging from pencil, inks and markers to Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter and Adobe Flash.
2. Shows diversity with styles, including cartoons, paintings (digital and traditional), lineless art and concepts.