Boerne, 78006, Texas, US
Offer my variety of experience to help companies achieve their goals.
Texas Certified Court Reporter
July 1990 - February 1996
Dennis Reporting | Boerne, TX 78006
• Certified by the State of Texas in 1990. Requires at least a 95% score for certification. Courses required for proficiency are medical terminology, grammar and punctuation, court procedures, professional ethics, court reporting procedures and requirements along with speed- building in question and answer, jury charge and literature.
• Worked as independant contractor for civil and criminal courts in Bexar, Kendall, Kerr and Webb counties. Filled in for court reporter employees at short notice. Positions included jury trials and hearings involving ****** trials which require a high level of expertise not only in court reporting, but also in the process of handling evidence. Prepared numerous transcripts for attorneys and the Court of Appeals, sometimes requiring expedited transcribing overnight. Responsible for custody of the record for up to 15 years, if needed for transcribing.
• Taking depositions very technical and medical in nature. Technical depositions would include terminology found in the automotive and construction fields, for example. Medical depositions would cover a large array of medical terminology, but specifically Workers Comp injuries, automobile injuries, malpractice suits, personal injury, physician depositions including neurologists, neurosurgeons and medical examiners.
• Adjusting to different environments or locations where depositions were taken such as jails, mental institutions, residences, ranches, law offices, hospitals, businesses and nursing homes.
• Responsible for taking the record in a 9-month arbitration hearing for the
San Antonio River Authority and Kunz Construction.
January 1984 - January 1989
HEB Grocery Company | San Antonio, TX
• Held several positions by promotion through the years. Starting position was Payroll Assistant. Duties included processing new employee information, payroll deductions, hours worked and vacation/holiday time, as well as other related responsibilities. Job required accuracy, confidentiality and integrity. Skills required were computer, math, problem-solving, time limits, Human Resource knowledge and the ability to work with the demands of upper management.
• Checker responsibilities involving money management, customer service skills and problem-solving.
• Frontend Manager position managing 20-30 employees including bookkeepers, checkers, courtesy clerks and maintenance. Responsibilities including money management and security, all aspects of customer service, scheduling and emergency preparation. Skills requiring HR knowledge, managerial, problem-solving, customer relations, multi-tasking, computer literacy and the ability to handle a crisis or emergency with authority.
• General Merchandiser working with numerous vendors concerning plan-o-grams, resets and promotions. In charge of ordering product, pricing, inventory, shrink control and audits. Skills requiring managerial, customer and vendor relations, problem-solving, scheduling, computer, merchandising, along with many other skills required in retail management.
San Antonio Court Reporting Institute
August 1987-July 1990
San Antonio, TX
• Completed proficiency in court reporting. Texas certified 1990.
August 1981-June 1984
Some College Coursework Completed
• Attended Baylor University on partial scholarship. Completed basic coursework.
McClendon Community College
• Completed basic coursework during the summer semesters.
Central Texas College
Copperas Cove, TX
• Completed basic coursework preparing for Baylor University.
HONORS & AWARDS
• Texas Certified Court Reporter 1990
• HEB Grocery Employee of the Year 1987
• HEB Checker of the Year 1987
The most important trait I offer is to always maintain a strong working relationship. Professionalism is key. Secondly, I am very detail oriented. It is critical to always do your very best work on any project you endeavor.________________________________________