EMMANUEL N. WARAH
9223 Fairlane Place
Laurel, MD. 20708
C & J COMPUTER CONSULTING
01/2009 – Present
Install, manage and support Blackberry Enterprise Servers for various business clients for blackberry email implementation.
Install, manager and support exchange server 2003 for various business clients for OWA and Outlook email implementation.
Build, upgrade, secure and support LAN, WAN, and WLAN networks for numerous business clients.
08/2007- 12/2008 (Contract)
-Setup network for various small business clients, installing Windows 2003 Small Business Server domain controllers, setting up active directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS and various group policies.
-Install and configure SonicWall firewall systems and setting up VPN for remote access.
-Install and configure Exchange Server 2003 for Outlook client and Outlook Web mail.
-Implement data storage solution via Veritas BackupExec, and implementing software security solutions using application packages like, Symantec, McAfee, and Computer Associates.
-Perform hardware, drivers and firmware upgrades for mostly Dell and HP family/blade servers’
-Perform daily onsite and remote network support for various business clients.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, maintain and manage network, LAN and WAN solutions for the HITTS contract of the Department of Housing and Development IT program.
- Create, develop and implement a plan for installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting the corporate NAS system built on Windows server 2003, using Veritas Netbackup client.
-Setup a test lap for software pre-deployment testing using VMware.
-Migration of Corporate Windows 2000 servers to Windows Server 2003.
-Creating zones, installing HBAs and assigning LUNS to new 2003 servers connecting to the Corporate SAN system.
-Maintaining and administration of the corporation Windows 2003 active directory system.
- Use Webtrend Enterprise suite to create and publish via html weekly web reports on general internet usage from various corporate proxy statistics.
- Monitor and Administer a Windows XP/ 2000/ NT 4.0/Novell 3.12 LAN running Windows XP/ NT 4.0/2000/98/95 client machines.
- Duties Include file, application, resource, user and group account management.
- Install, troubleshoot and configure various network protocols and clients including TCP/IP and IPX/SPX, as well as client for Netware Networks and Microsoft network client.
- Configure and troubleshoot DNS and DHCP services on the client’s machines.
- Involved in the planning and migration of users from a windows 95 to an XP operating system.
- Use the Peregrine System for monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN problems ranging from general desktop, accessibility, and network connectivity problems
- Use Windows XP Active Directory in user and group account management
- Occasionally involved in small scale technical training of client’s office technical coordinator, as well as various users.
INDEPENDENT IT CONSULTANT (12/04 – Present)
INTEGRATION SPECIALIST INC.
- Project I: Design, implement and troubleshoot remote access solutions from remote to central site for Manpower Technical. Configure Cisco 1700 series routers for LAN, WAN and DSL implementation. Troubleshoot all arising connectivity and security problems.
- Project II: Troubleshoot and resolve Hardware problems of Dell notebook PCs for Constellation Brands Inc.
- Design and implement QA project of 100+ Dell and IBM computers for Siemens Inc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve arising connectivity, and printing problems.
MICRO FOCUS(CONTRACT WITH TECH USA)
- Create, Manage and Administer user and group accounts on an NT 4.0 network
- Install, and configure NT 4.0 servers (PDC, BDC, and member servers) for connectivity to NT 4.0 and Novell 3.12/4.11 network.
- Install and configure 50+ workstations, (NT 4.0/5.0, WIN 95/98, WIN 3.11, OS/2, Sun Solaris for connectivity to NT 4.0 and Novell 3.12/4.11 network.
- Install Intranetware client on various workstations.
- Install and configure Microsoft Outlook on various clients’ workstations and configure workstations to connect to the company’s MS Exchange 5.0 server.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot MS Exchange 5.0 server.
- Install and configure RAS server on NT PDC for dial up networking.
- Install and configure DHCP and DNS servers on the PDC while creating respective IP address scopes for the various subnets
- Perform general desktop support, hardware/software upgrades, and network troubleshooting for 3000+ users at various sites.
F&G LIFE INSURANCE(CONTRACT WITH TEK SYSTEMS)
- Created console automated scheduled Server Backups and directory replication between the Primary Domain Controller and the Backup Domain Controller on a Windows NT 4.0 network.
- Installed and configured of Quantum DLT 4000 tape device for daily scheduled full, differential, and incremental backups.
- Installed and Troubleshot software on Microsoft Windows 3.1, 3.11, Windows 95, and Windows NT workstations. (Lotus Notes 4.5, MS Office 97 Suit, and Norton Antivirus Utility) for network and standalone clients.
- Performed hardware installation, configuration and troubleshooting on PCs(Compaq Deskpro),Laptops(IBM ThinkPad 600/760 series), and HP Laser Jet Printers.
- Performed general desktop support including network connectivity and troubleshooting.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL(CONTRACT WITH TEK SYSTEMS)
-Installed and configured Windows NT standard servers to join the major NT 4.0 domain.
Created and administered user and group accounts on the PDC. Installed Gateway Services for NetWare on the Servers and used SYSCON and NWADMIN to administer user and group accounts.
-Migration of various WORKSTATIONS (Windows 95, 3.1, 3.11, NT4.0, Sun Solaris) from 10mbps Network to 100mbps using Cisco(3000, 5000) switches.
-Worked on reconfiguration of Desktop Workstations for new network in Novell 3.x and 4.x environments
-Configure Intranetware Client on various Workstations for connectivity to the
-Configure TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, Microsoft Client on the Workstation for file and Print Sharing.
-Worked with the Help Desk in resolving Client's problems.
Computer Technician/System Integrator
GE CAPITAL International Solutions
-Configure Compaq, Dell, Hewlett-Packard and AST Desktop machines according to customer requirements.
-Install various Peripherals e.g. NICs (Ethernet, Token-ring),Memory upgrades,
CPU add-ons, Card Readers,Tape Drives, CD ROM Drives and Sound upgrades.
-Integrate Software component of hardware and install customs proprietary images for clients along with various applications.
AA, PHARMACY/GENERAL STUDIES 05/96
CCNA, MCSE, MCP+I, A
1. Lockheed Martin Service Recognition Award for Outstanding Achievement.(November 2003)
2. Lockheed Martin Service Recognition Award for Outstanding Achievement.(March 2004)
3. Lockheed Martin Service Recognition Award for Outstanding Achievement.(September 2004)
SUMMARY OF TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Knowledge and working experience of TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet, HSRP, Network address translation (NAT), IP Multicasting, VLAN, FDDI, ISL, Token ring, etc.
• Proficient in configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining of Cisco 7xxx, 4xxx, 36xx, 26xx, 25xx, 17xx series routers and Catalyst 5xxx, 29xx, 19xx series Catalyst LAN switches
• Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading of computer systems.
• Planning and Implementation of different network topologies under both LAN and WAN.
• Management and Support of multi-vendor platforms, consisting of WINDOWS NT 4.0, WINDOWS 2000, WINDOWS XP, NOVELL and UNIX operating systems.
• Proficient knowledge of configuration of DHCP, WINS, DNS, RAS, RRAS, DFS, VPN(s), ADS and other domain-related issues within a network environment.
• Excellent knowledge of Systems Performance Optimization, Fault Isolation, and Backup strategies. Good hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in managing a Windows 2000 and 2003 network - configuration, troubleshooting and Upgrading, as well as other related network issues.
•Experience in Installing, configuring and managing SQL Server 2000.