THE BAWMANN GROUP - DENVER, COLO. (Sept. 2011-present)
Manages integrated communication strategies for a wide variety of clients involving copywriting for columns, advertisements, blog posts, social media and more.
CITY OF LINCOLN—NEB. (July 2010 – present)
Marketing & Outreach Associate Mayor’s Office: Cleaner Greener Lincoln
Manages communications for a $2.5 million grant.
• Directed strategy for an integrated advertising and public relations campaign using social media, events and educational booths.
• Wrote copy for press releases, advertisements, newsletters, educational guides and the Internet.
• Spoke publicly at press conferences, media interviews and a monthly TV show.
•Trained on HTML/JAVA and Final Cut Pro.
ANTHEM MEDIA GROUP—KANSAS CITY, KAN. (2007)
Editorial Intern KC Magazine and KC Business
Responsibilities included various aspects of magazine production: brainstorming, writing feature stories, organizing photo shoots and formatting documents for the web.
KU TRANSPORTATION CENTER - LAWRENCE, KAN. (2006-2008)
Wrote articles on-deadline for two quarterly newsletters affiliated with the Kansas Department of Transportation.
LINCOLN EARTH DAY COALITION—NEB. (2010 — 2011)
Distributed media kits, coordinated media interviews, conducted demographic surveys and developed creative incentives. Efforts resulted in 70+ educational booths and thousands of attendees each year.
CITY OF LINCOLN—NEB. (JUNE 2009 – AUG. 2010)
AmeriCorps Representative Recycling Office (June 2009 — Aug. 2010)
Developed public relations encouraging the community to recycle. Efforts directly diverted more than 35.5 tons of recyclables from the landfill.
• Planned recycling events including the Special Olympics National Games recycling and Go Green for Big Red, the first official tailgate effort before UNL home football games.
• Wrote and designed educational materials including photo prompts for recycling bins, mailing inserts and a grant to translate educational materials to Spanish and Vietnamese.
• Coordinated public communication using press releases and media interviews.
• Tracked metrics for grant reporting purposes.
THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS (2004 — 2008)
BS in Journalism: Strategic Communications 3.52 G.P.A.
Journalism courses: Public Relations, Strategic Communication, Campaigns, Research & Writing, Visual Communication, Message Development, Marketing and Media Research, Ethics, First Amendment.
Skills learned: Creation of a strategic campaign for causes, events, or products; determination of demographic audiences and media outlets for messages; production of radio, print, and TV advertisements.
Academic achievements: KU Honor Roll; Student Union Activities Academic Support Scholarship; Michael K. Mahaney Memorial Scholarship; Howard Bressler Scholarship; LeaderShape graduate.
KU STUDENT UNION ACTIVITIES - LAWRENCE, KAN. (2004 — 2006)
Led films committee for KU’s event planning student organization. Co-managed a $500,000 budget with six other committees, supervised volunteers, wrote, proposed and passed events at weekly meetings and promoted successful events on campus.
BUNAC LONDON (2008 — 2009)
Work Abroad Participant
Applied for and was accepted into the international work-abroad program in London. Worked as a receptionist at a student living and business center. Faced and overcame challenges of living and working in another culture.