133 Palisade Avenue
Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
H. 201-840-5463 firstname.lastname@example.org C. 908-209-3618
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Multimedia Creator, Image Manipulator Interactive Application Flash XML Designer
• Experienced in formulating design concepts and presentation approaches, ability to effectively direct workers engaged in artwork Web Designer – savvy (Webmaster)
• As Graphic Designer Newspaper Layout Design, Magazine Publication Design, Brand Creator and Logo Design, Polished Art Director with Marketing Experience.
• Ability to work under pressure, in a team setting and independently.
• Solid design ability with a good eye for detail highly motivated and well organized.
For Publication and Pre-Press:
• QuarkXPress for Temps Creator and Publication Design
• Adobe InDesign Portfolio Creator and Catalog Design
For Illustration and Photo Manipulation:
• Adobe Photoshop CS family, Proficient in Sketching and Painting
• Adobe Illustrator CS, Design and Sketching, Painting SVG/ FLEX formats
• Adobe Freehand MX, Creative Design, Storyboarding and Logo Design
For Web Design and Development:
• Adobe FireWorks CS4 for Web Graphics Optimization and Design
• Able to Design Web using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
• Creative Web Design using Adobe Flash CS4, Action Script 3, Web Design and Interactive Web (Flex) Multimedia web.
• Proficient Webmaster Literate in the following CMS sources:
HEXNET.COM: Worked on many projects from Banner Advertising, Retail to Web-Templates Design Including: http://www.gracelandscaping.com/
GRUPO GRAFICO INTERNATIONAL/ Northern New Jersey 1/2004 –Present
Art Director/ Creative Director
• In charge of distributing all Web and Graphic Design projects among a team of seven designers.
• Responsible for designing and monitoring projects using: QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Actions.
• For the Production and Art Departments utilized Output Preflight Pre-Press applications to produce Camera Ready’s, and PDF files.
• In charge of creating Adobe Flash Banners and web advertising for clients using Action Scripting 2.0 and 3.0 on Adobe Flash for Web Multimedia.
• Worked in Web Design using CSS Style Scripting including Picture Libraries.
• Uploaded images using XML Libraries in Adobe Flash.
• Broad experience in CMS Open Source, Template Design, Management Systems Such as: Joomla, osCommerce, Mambo using PHP, MySql on Linux and Windows Servers.
• As Production Manager acted as “Problem Solver” and “Quality Control Manager,” with five years of previous experience.
TUFTS UNIVERSITY BOSTON/ Boston Massachusetts 8/2001 – 1/2004 Graphic Designer/ Webmaster
• Served as head Project Designer and worked under “tight” deadlines.
• Effectively created many Publication Demos, Manuals, Book Covers and Special Alumni Publications utilizing: QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
NEWSDAY/ HOY LLC. PUBLISHINGS/ New York, NY 11/1998 - 7/2001
Art Director/ Production Manager
• As Production Manager successfully managed Production, Art, and Advertising Departments for one of the major ABC audited Spanish Language Newspapers in the New York Tri-state area at the time. .
• Solely and effectively designed the Daily Front Page and all Monthly Supplements utilizing: QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Solely responsible for output and transmission of PDF pages thru FTP Client to the Newsday printing plant in Long Island.
• Named “Top Designer” for two consecutive years.
Parsons School of Design/ New York, NY 1997 -1999
and Site Publishing, Architecture Planning, Flash Media.
Bellas Artes (Creative Arts School) Cali, Colombia, S.A. 1989-1991 Degree in Graphic Arts & Illustration Painting Oil, Water Base Paintings with DeVilbiss gravity Paint Brush Techniques Elements including gluing textures into a canvas.
Universidad Del Valle/ Cali, Colombia, S.A. 1985- 1989
Earned a Bachelors Degree of Arts in Social Communication - Journalism Degree
2007 Adobe Developer
2009 Apple iPod System Ap. Developer