Name: Dean Wardell Address: 33 Hazelmere Gardens
Nationality: British Essex
Marital Status: Married RM11 2AX
Telephone Mobile: 07816 021905
Home: 01708 451698
April 2008 to April 2011 IMAGE SOURCE
Job Description: Retouching Manager
Image Source is the worlds leading independent image library where I am employed as Retouching Manager reporting to the Creative Director.
• Manage the retouching team on a daily basis ensuring monthly objectives are met.
• High-end beauty and composite retouching, liaising with art directors and photographers.
• Creative retouching to produce new cutting edge content.
• Raw conversions using Camera Raw and Capture One Pro.
• Develop the retouching team so they are trained to work on high end retouching projects.
• Ensure technical and legal quality of all files under the Image Source brand are of Industry leading standard.
• Manage outsourcing and budgets.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals.
• Perform quality control checks on new content providers.
February 2006 to April 2008
Job Description: Senior Retoucher
• I am employed as the Senior Retoucher heading up a team of six retouchers .
• Deputise for the Retouching Manager
• Produce high end imagery to our art directors specifications including beauty and composite retouching.
• Creative retouching re working our existing content to produce new cutting edge imagery.
• Communicate with our art directors in London, New York and Cologne offices ensuring our collections are retouched to their specifications and offer creative input which may result in a stronger image.
• Raw conversions using camera raw and Capture One Pro.
June 2005 to February 2006
Job Description: Retoucher
Working as part of a team of ten retouchers, I was employed by the worlds largest image library where I was required to produce high quality digital content from files received from our photographers, and images sent to us from our in house scanning department. Our imagery was used world wide by advertising agencies, design agencies and magazines. Liaising with our editors the editorial projects that I worked on featured daily in national newspapers.
September 2004 to June 2005
Job Description: Retoucher
I was employed as a hi-end digital retoucher working from digital files received from photographers and images from our scanning houses. After being briefed by editors and art directors and receiving specific instructions on the style and look desired, I was required to create a series of new images enhancing them to their full potential.
• Composite retouching using elements from multiple images.
• Beauty retouching.
• Removal of distracting features / elements and logos.
• Colour correction & advanced colour manipilation.
1983 to September 2004
Job Description: Retoucher / Imaging Technician
• Retouching for clients within the music industry, fashion houses, Department Stores, Models, actors, and Photographers.
• Skin work, Compositing, Cut Outs, precise colour correction and digital reconstruction.
• Clients : Universal Music, Sony Music, Polydor Records, Paul Smith, Jasper Conran, Oasis, Fortnam & Mason, John Lewis, Debenhams.
• Produce promotional cards for models using Photoshop and QuarkXpress.
• High resolution scanning from transparencies, negatives and art works.
Prior to working in the digital environment, I held a number of positions dealing with the more conventional aspects of photographic production. These are listed below:
• Black & White Technician – Black and white prints from black and white negatives.
• C-Type Technician – Colour prints from colour negatives.
• R-Type Technician – Colour prints from transparencies.
• Copy-Neg Technician – Black and white negatives from artworks.
• The duplication or creation of transparencies from originals.
• E6 Processing.
Capture One Pro
Illustrator CS 3
Scanview Scanmate F8 plus
Scanview Scanmate F10
Epson 12000 Flatbed
Minolta Dimage Transparency Scanner
Introduction to Management – REED, London
Digital SLR Photography – FOTOFUSION, London
Final Cut Pro, Introduction – SOHO EDITORS, London
In Design, Beginner – AQUENT, London
Illustrator Advanced – AQUENT, London
Illustrator – City University, London.
Quarkxpress Intermediate – City Lit, Holborn, London.
Quarkxpress Beginner – City Lit, Holborn, London.
Hobbies and Interests:
I am a keen footballer and play for a Sunday league team. I also enjoy fishing and am a member of Billericay and District angling club. As well as family time I have a wide circle of friends with whom I enjoy socialising. I also enjoy photography, reading, and music.
Having a Mac at home enables me to spend some of my spare time learning new skills. I am currently learning Final Cut Pro.
John Ayton ( Managing Director)
95 Mortimer Street
Nick Mullord ( Retouching Manager )
116 Bayham Street