Dr Howard Watson, previously Director of School of Building and Architecture and Centre for Entrepreneurship at TUT, holds a B.Sc (Construction Management), MBA (UP) and Doctorate in Business Administration (Entrepreneurship) (UP). He has in access of 25 years experience at all levels in the construction industry and project management, and concurrently 18 years experience in an academic environment.
He has excellent writing skills.
He achieved BIFSA Best Building Student Award 1974.
He has published and delivered papers internationally, won the International Best Paper Award (Intent94) in Perth, Australia. He has consulted, coached and practiced entrepreneurship extensively.
He has a Diploma in Creative Writing from the Writer's Bureau in Manchester, England , is a published author and card carrying author at Juta Publishers.
He has excellent writing skills, and the:
• Ability to juggle a variety of writing styles
• Capacity to deliver crisp, compelling analyses of the most pressing news topics
• Strong knowledge of current affairs and media cycle
• Well-developed persuasive writing ability
• Capacity to interpret, analyze, and weave together multiple themes
• Experience with journalism/media/public relations
• Attention to detail
• Deadline-oriented time management skills
• Native English speaker
He is an author, chess and golf player, classical guitarist, a horseman, a life coach and a lover of books.