Laura Anne Passarello
DESIGNER • ILLUSTRATOR • PAINTER
Trained in traditional as well as digital painting, graphic design and illustration. Skilled in the use of colour and composition. Constant striving for improvement, creative development and upgrading technical skills. Enjoy either creating alone or as part of a larger group. Have been involved in the design industry for 28 years and 100% income derived from it.
ILLUSTRATOR/DESIGNER, FREELANCE 2003-CURRENT
•Designing & Digital Illustration for product packaging, posters, book covers, logos and storyboarding. Clients worldwide are guaranteed 100% that they will LOVE their images.
• Painting murals, window graphics, theatre flats, restaurant chalk boards, automotive graphics and signs for local small business clients.
DRAWING INSTRUCTOR, WILLIAMS LAKE REC CENTRE 2014-2015
• Teaching "real life drawing" classes for both adult and youth for Williams Lake Community Recreation Centre. 95%of the students said they would take another class and 85% said they felt they had markedly improved their drawing abilities.
AIRBRUSH ARTIST, HAWG WILD AIRBRUSH 2000-2003
• Airbrushing graphics on automotive, signage, helmets, t-shirts, clothing and furniture. Duties included were surface prep, taping, masking, paint application, pin-striping and clear coating.
PRODUCTION SIGN ARTIST,SICONGROUP 1999-2000
• Digitizing logos and preparing clients' images for plotting. 100% on Zünd vinyl cutter for vinyl signs
• Designing brochures, logos, display ads. Concept to completion resolved in minimal time.
• Designing and illustrating Dominion Directory display ads for independent consultant to use in Yellow Pages book. Proofing, typesetting, final art and working within tight turnaround times. Accelerated the implementation of the computer for ad creation after year 1 with the company.
SEASONAL WINDOW PAINTER, SELF-EMPLOYED 1986-1990
• Painting seasonal illustrations on retail store windows. Most jobs completed within an hour. Making cold calls and door-to-door sales to retail clients. On the spot, concept to completion. 95% of leads resulted in a sale.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
• VIU; Nanaimo, BC - ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE, APPLIED ARTS (GRAPHICS OPTION) • MOTION PICTURE INDUSTRY ORIENTATION; Infocus - CERTIFICATE
• ACTSAFE MOTION PICTURE SAFETY 101; INFOCUS - CERTIFICATE
• WHIMIS 2015 - CERTIFICATE
• ELEVATED WORK PLATFORM TRAINING BOOM/SCISSOR LIFT - CERTIFICATE
• Traditional drawing, painting, and hand lettering; Faux finishes, murals.
• Advanced/expert level computer skills. Software used most often; Adobe CSS suite, Daz 3D, Corel Painter. Currently learning SketchUp, and have a list of Apps yet to be explored.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
• Current Member of Kamloops Arts Council
• Current Member of north Shore Business Improvement Association
• Faculty Award,VIU, 1993
• First place award in Inter-collegiate, provincial poster competition for Enviro Expo ’92, sponsored by BC Hydro. 2000 limited edition prints were made and given to corporate delegates from around the world who attended Enviro Expo at Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre.