Civil Engineering Technologist, Senior CAD Designer
Mr. Tsahaye is a Civil Engineering Technologist graduate and a Senior CAD Designer at an engineering consulting firm. He has over 5 years of experience in design and drafting for
residential and commercial sectors, as well as experience with grading and servicing design.
As a Senior Designer and Civil Engineering Technologist, he is responsible for reviewing
topographic surveys, as-builts and site plans to prepare for site plan design. His professional
duties include design and drafting on project assignments, including efficiently allocating hours, budget, time, and resources to ensure successful project completion.
Areas of Expertise
CAD Design & Drafting
Municipal Design (Grading and Servicing Design)
Seneca College, Toronto, ON
Advance Diploma, Civil Engineering Technology, 2016
Ontario Association of Certified Engineering
Technicians and Technologists, Certified
Engineer Technologist (In Progress)
Solid CAD Solutions: Civil 3D Training, 2018
2016-Present: Senior CAD Designer (Land Development)
• Design and preparation of public and private infrastructure projects for residential
subdivision, industrial/commercial developments and public road improvements.
Specific tasks include design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads,
design of infrastructure components such as sewage collection, water distribution,
grading earthworks and stormwater management.
• Provide QA/QC for in progress and completed designs.
• Assist with redlines/revisions for in progress and completed designs.
• Maintain knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards as well
as other reviewing agency requirements.
• Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies and subconsultants to facilitate and
expedite design completion.
• Review site grading plans for commercial sectors and subdivision lot site plans.
Investigate and resolve drainage issues and complaints received related to site grading
and municipal drainage.
• Responsible for commercial and industrial truck movement designs.
• Act as a team leader within the CAD designers and drafters team. Responsible for
aiding any technical issues within this department.
• Responsible for document control and ensuring all drawings are in compliance with the
approval agencies prior to submission.
• Graduate of three-year post-secondary Civil Engineering Technology Program.
• C.E.T. certification with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
• Over two years of municipal civil engineering technologist experience in a busy private sector.
• Excellent interpersonal, time/project management, organizational, contract administration, analytical, recordkeeping, work prioritization,
problem-solving, and staff development/supervisory skills.
• Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects.
• Thorough working knowledge of practices and procedures, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Construction regulations, Provincial
Minimum Maintenance Standards for roads, the Highway Traffic Act and related pertinent legislation/regulations/guidelines, roads
maintenance/operations standards and preventative maintenance/quality assurance practices.
• Demonstrates civil design experience civil 2D, AutoCAD civil 3D, ArcMap for GIS applications, and Vehicle Tracking as well as other
business software (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)