G-1/5, Kalpita Enclave,
S.N. Marg, Andheri (E)
Mumbai – 400069
Skype : sureama
email : firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
• Diploma in Marketing Management from the Welinker’s Institute of Management in the year of 1989.
• Bachelor in Science Degree from Mumbai University, in the year of 1987 with Chemistry as the major.
• Diploma in Computer Management from Datapro in the year of 1990.
Professional Excellence Summary
• 2 years experience as home-based freelancer & consultant in Customer service, administration, sales, marketing plans, research, project plans, analytics, loyalty programs, retention policies, content writing and reports,
• 20 years overall experience with 16 years print media marketing and customer service experience – profit centre head and 4 years in the BPO industry experience
• Planning, organizing, co-ordination, communication – written & oral, negotiation, decisive, analytical thinking, man-management, go-getter, self motivated, thinking on the feet, the capacity to adapt to new concepts with due responsibilities
• Team building, leadership qualities, recruitment, training, motivational exercises. Have experience in developing and directing individual as well as associate staffs.
• Have adequate knowledge of marketing, sales, customer service, operations for subscriptions as well as advertisements (magazines), Direct marketing, loyalty program, CRM, content management, internet marketing, service delivery management.
• Net savvy, with internet skills, email communications.
• MIS and reports, analysis and action plan.
Computer Programming/User Skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Package: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook Express
SAP domain knowledge & Internet browsing
Oct 2008 till date – Freelancer & Consultant in Customer Service, Sales, marketing, Business planning, Research, Team conceptualization, Project planning, Process mapping, Team building, Business manager. Content Writing & reports.
Dec 2007- Oct 2008: Worked as Sr. Business Manager, for Dalal Street Journal Pune, with the following responsibilities:
• Work as the Profit Centre Head - Dalal Street Journal, Mumbai & Pune – to develop and retain existing subscription and acquiring new ones.
• Responsible for revenue, sales targets and marketing promotions of DSIJ magazine.
• Responsible for the essential recruitment and guidance programs.
• Business plan for DSIJ & Content plan with the editor for DSIJ.
• Overall responsible for the 5 main sub-cells mainly CRM, Tele-sales call centre, Operations, Institutional Sales, Print and online promotions with a web team and google ad-word management for the site..
• Retention of subscribers through various GDs, loyalty programs. CRM interactions, events.
• Database management, data-mining, data extraction.
• Initial setting up of systems for smooth functioning of all the 5 teams and adhering and monitoring the day to day functioning as per the system guidelines (set in the initial stages).
Mar 2004- Nov 2007: Worked as the Manager Fulfillment and Customer Service (Subscriptions) for Infomedia India Ltd with the following services:
Manages customer service cell to provide timely service to inquiries/grievances through a team of CSE’s by responding via mail, emails and telephone.
• Put in place a team in Pune for the entire subscription and marketing activities of DSIJ.
• Manage a call centre …for outbound sales calls and in-bound service calls.
• Manage CRM interaction programs, marketing activities.
• Planning and execution of various subscription promotions.
• Subscription Acquisition through Direct Mailers and other promotional avenues
• Retaining the subscribers through various GDs, loyalty programs, DMs
• Sourcing, procuring gifts for subscription offers
• Manage a team of operations executives and data – entry personnel to maintain the standards in effective operations and fulfillment.
• SAP applications pertaining to Subscriptions
Aug 1998- Mar 2004: Worked as the Mentor or Senior Officer - KAM for Datamatics Technology Ltd with the following services
• Service delivery management
• Delivery Process Mentoring to guide and grow a team of 100+ resources namely Knowledge Associates (KAs) with emphasis on training, Job Assignment, performance management, Communication & bonding on a daily basis, Remuneration and billing, Implementation of best practices etc.
• Resource management of knowledge associates for current as well as forthcoming projects on a daily basis
• Ensure adherence to SLAs, TAT employing proven processes like planning, efficient job assignment of multiple workstations via automated tracking systems
• Monitoring and controlling unplanned downtime and managing risks.
• Costing for the new projects taking into account the KA payout vis-a-vis the total cost of the project.
• Tracking project progress and periodic structured reviews with respect to TAT Analysis, process & quality improvements, using tools like six sigma and CMM module.
• MIS & budgets reports to enhance productivity and service to the clients.
Taken a Sabbath for 14 months during and post pregnancy
May 1995- July 1997: Worked Project leader for Kalnirnay Calendar co or Sumangal Calendar co
• Concept to finalization of the project CLASSIFIEDS, i.e. pink pages amidst the pages.
• Building, leading a team of 25 space selling personnel with functions from planning, training, sales administration & motivating the team to reach targets.
• Space selling – Selling Advertisement to top corporate houses for both Classifieds as well as main calendar.
• Content planning for the project
• MIS reports.
• Media Planning & other marketing promotions.
• Co-ordination with advertising agencies /freelancers for the project as well as with other departments
May 1994 - May 1995: Worked as Asst Product Manager for Interlink Marketing Services
• Developing the overall marketing strategy for “Physician’s Digest” a publication for General practitioners in space selling & subscriptions.
• Promotional activities like exhibitions & seminars
• Monthly Performance Reporting & MIS
Dec 1990 - May 1994: Worked as Subscription Executive and then as Sr. Advertisement Executive for Minerals and Metals Review
• Business development areas
• Advertisement and concept Selling
• Subscription Promotion through mailers
• Revenue targets as well as subscription targets
Sept 1987 – Dec 1990: Worked as Subscription Executive In TOI (Bennett & Coleman Ltd.)
• Everyday functioning of Subscriptions
• Devising promotions as well as handling them
Husband – a practicing Architect & 13 year old daughter
Father – Retired Mech Engr and Mother retd school teacher
One sister – working professional
Honest, hardworking, enthusiastic, attention to detail, go-getter, taking initiative, responsible, decisive, persevering, communicative, friendly & understanding, self motivated.