SHIRLEY A. SESLER
793 Banyan Court, Morganville, New Jersey 07751
MUSIC OBJECTIVE To obtain rewarding positions in the following; a fill in
organist/choir director for a church/congregational setting; a music therapy position,
preferably working with children, but can work with adults as well; a music/vocal teacher
position in an educational setting; an A & R staff member; a songwriter for other artist;
trainee for producer and studio engineer; a composer who writes music, writing music
for a publishing company or can freelance, a specific person, for a group of people, for a
movie, for video games, television jingles, and other mediums.
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE To secure a challenging and rewarding position in Higher Education in the area of Enrollment Management/Recruitment Academic Affairs or Counseling Service’s.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public
• Skill in facilitating and modeling a quality customer service orientation
• Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural and a diverse student population • Demonstrated ability to gather data and compile reports
• Demonstrate proficiency with the use of PC’s and associated software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, along with other packages required by the Supervisor). Also proficient in Apple Macintosh, and associated software (garageband, imovie, iphoto). In addition to proficiency in Social Networking sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and a little Myspace.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrates conflict resolution
• Facilitates and prioritize daily operations
• Train and supervises office personnel
• Familiar with all policies and procedures
Proficient in Colleague/Datatel and ImageNow.
Proficient in Act! Premium for Workgroups
Masters of Arts –Education, Specialization in Enrollment Management and Diversity Studies -Anticipated Graduation 2012—Capella University
Bachelor of Arts – Sociology – December 2000 – Kean University, Union, NJ Associate in Arts – English – May 1997 – Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ Associate in Arts – Social Science May 1996 Brookdale Community College, Lincroft
Notary Public of New Jersey – Expires 2016
2002-Present Calvary Baptist Church Red Bank, NJ
Organist/Director over 20 voice male chorus
Play and teach songs to the praise team, working with their voices. Also, lead praise and worship when needed.
Prepare songs, including typing, recording, and distributing them to all or selective leaders.
Teach voice, play the music, and outline the choral selections for the service.
Assist pastor with fill in music while preaching, and play fill in music throughout the entire service.
Take part in special occasion events (Christmas concert, women’s day, mass choir), and assist whenever needed.
Travel with church when they have outside engagements
Play and sing as a soloist for weddings and funerals, as well as Organist, when the choir is asked to sing.
Work with the youth choir when needed, teaching them songs, work with their voices.
1987-2010 Macedonia Baptist Church Neptune, NJ
Music Ministry Overseer - Organist/Director – Now Retired
• Ministry of Music over a 30- voice adult choir, male & female.
• Prepare songs, including typing, recording, and distributing them to all or selected leaders.
• Teach voice and harmony, play organ/piano/keyboard, and outline the choral selections for the service.
• Assist pastor with fill in music while preaching, fill in with music throughout the entire service.
• Also play and work with the praise team, teaching them praise and worship songs, and working with their voices.
• Take part in special occasion events (Christmas concert, women’s day, mass choir), and assist whenever needed
• Travel with church when they have outside engagements
• Play for funerals and weddings. Also, I am ask to solo for some these occasions
• Oversee the entire Music Ministry including the Mass Choir, Senior Choir, Gospel Choir, all praise teams and musicians
• Hold monthly meetings with the Music Committee.
• Work closely with Pastor in discussing and resoling music ministry concerns
2007 – 2008 St. Stevens AME Zion Asbury Park, NJ
• Organist and director for praise & worship team
• Lead Praise and Worship whenever needed
• Organist and director over a 30 voice mass choir
• Organist and director over a 40- 60 voice children’s choir.
• Travel with church when they have outside engagements
• Organist for funerals and wedding
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Higher Education Assistant - Brookdale Community College, Western Monmouth Branch, Freehold, NJ 07728
September 2008 – Present
Reports to Dean of Higher Education Center performing duties as data entry operator, processing applications, registrations, add/drop forms, Rutgers Exchange, and other transactions as needed. Schedule students for testing, academic advising, and counseling. Develop and update spreadsheets for enrollment of all semester, in addition to creating pivot tables and total enrollments, and reporting final enrollment numbers to the Deans office. Work closely with the scheduling department, to select room assignments and changes as needed. Create weekly by room which show room and space availability for all semesters. Work closely with division administrators to start up new semesters, selecting course offerings for the branch campus. In addition, notifying division administrators of section capacity changes and adjustments. Continuously update lobby and daily room charts. Assist director in enrollment management, monitoring enrollments for early and low class fills, requesting more classes if necessary, or cancelling classes as necessary. Process facility request and repairs for the branch campus. Assist director in recruitment and marketing for open house, early bird testing, counseling, instant admissions for new students, and other activities as needed. Handle all purchase orders for the branch campus, ordering supplies and inventoried. Process all facility request/rent space for the outside community. Handle incoming calls for the Higher Education Center, along with any problems that may arise at the branch campus. Attempt to meet every need and request for faculty, staff, students and community. Process all payments for Brookdale credit and non-credit classes; performed all other duties as assigned.
Senior Enrollment Specialist – Brookdale Community College – Lincroft, NJ 07728
April 1987 – September 2007
Provided admissions, academic counseling and certified students for admissions to allied health; nursing, radiology, respiratory therapy, dental assistant, dental hygiene programs, and culinary arts programs. Perform tasks relating academic progress, verifications and data changes. Processed all incoming transcript requested by mail and electronically for New Jersey colleges. Served as Data Entry operator, processing applications, registrations, add/drop forms, and completing all required checks for degree status, matriculation, test waiver, registration, and add/drop activity, handled grade change transactions for the college, and extension sites, dealing with registrar, administration, faculty, staff, and students. Managed and maintained files for Ecuador Affiliate, handling enrollment and registrations, which included creating and posting classes, arranging available seating, adding, deleting, and changing class sections, along with the normal day to day admission and registration process. Corresponded with the Director of Ecuador, informing the party of any changes in course curriculums, credit changes, and, student files; provided counselors with regular updates regarding student’s academic status; assisted in processing transcript request forms, indicating Ecuador Affiliations. Performed complex paraprofessional tasks relating to enrollment verification, and charge back certifications for in/out of county students. Handles heavy phone duty, providing information and assistance to students, faculty, and community regarding admissions, and records; performed all other duties as assigned.
Play as a fill-in musician for various churches and choirs when needed. I play and teach by ear only. I am the Artist/Songwriter of We Need your Healing, release in 2005, www.songsofhealing.com. With this ministry, I do concerts, or minister during revivals or services, when called upon In addition, Have songwriting skills that God has gifted me with. Also I write poetry. Love working with individuals one on one, and in groups. I love helping individuals turn an “I can’t” into “I can”. In my music experience, children and adults gravitate to the encouraging personality that God has given me. I love to help anyone that I can. Music is my life, and although God has blessed me with so many gifts, I have no knowledge of reading musical notes. Everything comes from God. I hear the music, and then I play it. I only play by ear.
References will be furnished upon request