I am a blog/fiction writer and freelance editor, looking to expand my portfolio. More information can be found on my website at http://kittheeditor.com.
• Experienced in blogging, research reports, technical writing, novellas, short stories, and novels.
• Well versed in copyediting and proofreading, most recently as the copyeditor/proofreader for a writing website.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with a wide variety of writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Familiar with SEO techniques and web research.
• Experienced with working in teams/with collaborators.
Full Coverage Writers (http://www.fcwriters.com) - June 2011-Present
Copyeditor / Proofreader (Contractor)
• Proofread, fact-check, and edit all blog entries for fiction writing website
• Proofread and edit all sections of website
• Proofread and edit marketing materials
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company - March 2006-July 2011
• Wrote and edited test plans, test procedures, and test reports
• Moderated and supported test plan/procedure reviews
• Developed user documentation and training materials
• Worked in a fast-paced team environment with daily customer interactions
The Spork Room (Writing Community) - August 2006-Present
Content Editor / Proofreader
• Proofread accepted stories for anthologies
• Lay out and format anthologies for print
• Critique and edit novels/short stories
"Frozen," fantasy short story, Winter's Night (anthology) - December 2011
“Til Death Do We Part,” paranormal short story, Spirit Legends (anthology) - August 2011
“Of Spun Gold and Funny Little Men,” fairy tale retelling, Once Upon a Spork (anthology) - August 2011
Hidden Worlds, fantasy novella, published through Turtleduck Press - December 2010
“Frantic Musings of an Airborne Alligator,” comedic short story, Why is the Alligator in the Tree? (anthology) - December 2007
Pike’s Peak Writers Conference, Colorado Springs, Colorado May 2011
University of Colorado at Boulder
College of Engineering and Applied Science December 2005
BS in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, GPA 3.41/4.00
COMPUTER SKILLS / SOCIAL MEDIA
Microsoft Office (including Word (advanced user), Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, OpenOffice, Joomla!, Photoshop, HTML
Familiar with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, WordPress, LiveJournal, Blogger, Wiki, Tumblr