17 Adams Street, Westborough, MA 01581
Office 508-898-3943 Cell 508-282-9349 firstname.lastname@example.org www.rickgrayson.com
Rick Grayson has been in the illustration and design field for over 20 years, creating commercially successful art for leading advertising and design studios. A strong concentration in the toy and game industry, working with top companies throughout the country as well as internationally.
Creative thinker with strength in design and visual problem solving.
- Prolific illustrator in many styles from realistic to whimsical.
- Exceptional sketching and drawing skills.
- Expert in character concept and development.
- Thorough knowledge of illustrative logo concept and design.
- Able to paint, draw, and illustrate in any style and medium.
- Extensive experience working with packaging die lines and parameters.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, and proficient knowledge of Illustrator. Macintosh OSX software.
- Solid project management skills, ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple projects.
Grayson Studios Westborough, MA - Owner/Illustrator 1990 – Present
A full service illustration/design studio specializing in creating images for packaging, advertising, and the toy and game industry. Creating custom illustrations and designs for - Disney, Lucas Film, DreamWorks, Nabisco/Lifesaver, Dunkin Donuts, Marvel Comics, Heinz Ketchup, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Scholastic, Hershey, Warner Brothers, and more.
Working extensively on complete campaigns for all the major toy and game companies – Milton Bradley, Parker Brothers, Hasbro, Fisher-Price, Mattel, Matchbox, Tonka, and others
Strong working relationship with educational publishing companies. Creating artwork for children’s books, covers, and posters – Creative Teaching Press, School Zone Publishing, and Learning Works.
RSV & Associates Boston, MA – Staff Illustrator and Designer 1985 -1990
A design firm specializing in illustration and package design for consumer products and the toy and game industry. Working together with a team of illustrators and designers to create eye catching packaging, brochures, and point of purchase displays.
Advertising Inc. Shrewsbury, MA – Illustrator/Production Artist 1982 -1985
A small Ad Agency specializing in advertising and brochures for financial institutions and industrial firms. Duties include illustrating in many styles, working with typography, and photo retouching.
Rhode Island School of Design - Illustration Major 1980 – 1982
University of Massachusetts, Amherst - Art Major 1978 – 1980