Throughout my long and varied careers, one thing had remained constant in each endeavor… writing. Every profession requires a different kind of writing and unique language that describes a particular action, observation, and goal.
The language used in Real Estate for instance, differs from that used in creating a newspaper or writing copy for brochures and catalogs. While creating statistical reports requires research and compilations, newsletters and blogs are a more creative undertaking. Descriptions used in Insurance appraisal reports may vary depending on what each client is looking for. The requirements for government reporting can take on a whole new language skill.
And the myriad different resumes that need to be created for a particular job or career search can boggle the mind with all the "tips and topics" in that field these days.
So in the twilight of my years, my latest undertaking is to compile all the writing experience to see if I can supplement my social security income?
Real Estate Broker/Property Manager
Established, owned, and operated the largest Property Management company in Northern AZ
Experienced in all phases of small business ownership and operations:
• Marketing analysis
• Contract development and negotiations
• Ongoing communications with owners, renters, and vendors
• Acquisition of new properties
• Budget preparedness and development
• Training, supervision, and delegation of staff and contractors
• Developed all advertising and marketing related to business
• Computer software competency in both PC and Mac
High Value, Commercial, and Residential Insurance Inspector
• Residential and Commercial client communications and scheduling
• Data input through use of diverse client software
* Digital Photography of residences and commercial properties
* Accurate measuring for replacement value calculations
* Extensive narrative input on a variety of forms
• Client and contractor interviewing •
Establishing interior/exterior Insurance replacement values
• Use of APEX cad drawing program
• Extensive valuation research and reporting
100% of deadlines met
Sales and Marketing
• Marketing and Sales for corporate resort properties in the mountains of Colorado
• Interfaced with travel agents, meeting planners, wholesalers, and groups of 20 plus.
• Account Executive for advertising and marketing media
• Print and Specialty Advertising Sales
• Ad sales for 12 area newspapers in Colorado
• Creator/Owner/Publisher of local area newspaper in Arizona
• Editor, graphic designer, photographer; all layout and sales
• Graphic designer for brochures and sales material for businesses
Created, established, and operated three companies:
• Property Management - PS Property Service, Flagstaff, AZ
• Newspaper - ‘Cross Creek Press, Beaver Creek, AZ
• Insurance Field Inspections - PS Property Service, Carbondale, CO
Peace Corps Volunteer
2008-2009 in developing country of Vanuatu in the South Pacific. Assisted with tourism and business development and training at the Island Provincial level. Created and designed brochures, posters, and web site for country and provincial government. Worked with Vanuatu’s Chamber of Commerce to train small business owners and educate locals in computing software.