3208 Valley View Drive
Springdale, AR 72762 Mobile: (479) 236-1411
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.danborengasser.com
Ozark Film & Video Productions, Inc., Springdale, AR 1985 – 2009
Handled sales, marketing, scheduling and customer service, as well as writing and producing. Since 1985, the company has grown to become one of the best equipped, most experienced production companies in the region.
WMUR-TV, Manchester, NH 1982 – 1985
General Sales Manager
Supervised national, regional and local sales.
KHOG/KTVP-TV, Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR 1975 – 1982
Sales Manager, Station Manager
As sales manager, coordinated the sales department. As station manager, supervised day-to-day operation of the station.
• More than 25 years of experience writing commercials, public service announcements, news releases and corporate video scripts, with both regional and national award winners. Clients have included the University of Arkansas, Cornell University, Walmart, Sam’s Club, 3M, Marathon Oil, Shell Oil, Campbell Soup, Coca-Cola, Kraft, Nestle Purina, Rubbermaid, GE, JB Hunt, and hundreds more.
• More recent projects include Walmart eLearning and Instructor-Led Training Modules, University of Arkansas Orientation videos and the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund 20th Anniversary Report, Marathon Oil videos and dozens more.
SCREENPLAYS (Most of the screenplays have been recognized in national and/or international screenwriting competitions.)
• Feature Length
o MIDNIGHT RODEO (Romantic Comedy)
o WHISKERS’ POND (Animation)
o SCRAM GRAVY (Action/Suspense/Comedy)
o MEDIA CIRCUS (Action/Suspense/Comedy)
o PLANET OF THE ELVI (Comedy)
o THE BOOK OF JOB II (Comedy/Romantic Comedy)
o PLAYING WITH MONEY (Comedy co-written with Steve Hintz – film is currently in production)
o FLIP & DODGE: THE LAW (Comedy co-written with Steve Hintz)
o DONOR CONSPIRACY (Comedy – script doctoring – film has since been produced)
o REVEREND PIPER (Comedy/Drama)
o SCHIZOID (Drama co-written with Steve Hintz)
o THE FOREVER TREE (Action/Adventure co-written with Steve Hintz)
o Numerous short scripts, varying in length from 5 minutes to 30 minutes
o Three shorts – CLOWN CAMP, BREAKOUT, and THE GRANITE ORCHARD – have been produced.
• Full length play, A.R@UNI.GOV, marketed and distributed to community theaters nationally by Heartland Plays
• Full length play THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS, marketed and distributed to community theaters nationally by JAC Publishing & Promotions
• Full length play, DREAM DATE, selected for the 2010 Arkansas New Play Fest and performed as a staged reading
• One-act play SENSE & INSENSIBILITY, marketed and distributed to schools and theaters by Eldridge Plays and Musicals.
• Numerous one-act plays, several of which have been performed
• CRISIS LINE (aired February 2008)
• THE LAST WORD (aired August 2008)
• CRISIS PSYCHIC (to air July 2011)
• CAT HOROSCOPES & OTHER DIVERSIONS (published 2008)
• WHISKERS’ POND (published 2008)
• More than seven years of weekly newspaper humor articles, including a weekly humor column syndicated nationally by Copley News Service
• Numerous magazine humor articles, such as MARRIAGE AND FAMILY LIVING, AMERICAN WAY, ENTREPRENEUR, NATIONAL GARDENING MAGAZINE, VISTA USA, TEXAS GARDERER, ARKANSAS TIMES and RECREATION NEWS
• Short stories, including a science fiction short story published in GALILEO, which was made into a radio drama and nominated for a Nebula Award
• Juvenile fiction
• Greeting cards for American Greetings, Gibson, Norcross, Amberley, Buzza, Drawing Board, D. Forer, Fran Mar, Gallant, Joli, Mark I, Rust Craft, Barker, United and Custom Card of Canada
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
BS in Electrical Engineering
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
All but comps for an MA in English
Online screenwriting course