Loyola Marymount University – Los Angeles, CA
Master of Fine Arts, Screenwriting
California State University, Long Beach – Long Beach, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Film and Electronic Arts
Maya Entertainment – Los Angeles, CA Oct. 2009 – Present
• Support both the EVP of Home Entertainment and the VP of Marketing with the creative strategizing and executing of new initiatives (such as film campaigns, including key art, unique sales tools, and project grids).
• Responsible for developing and updating sales and marketing presentations, film synopses for finished goods, loglines for VOD and retail websites, executive bios, boilerplates, and monthly press releases.
• Tasked with supporting the VP of Marketing with the planning and executing of all red carpet and premiere events.
• Assist the Home Entertainment sales team by creating and updating sales decks, sell sheets, artwork, release schedules, and providing copy for special promotions such as caller-on-hold scripts.
• Critically analyze scripts for producers and prepare coverage with thoroughly developed story notes.
• Produce a monthly intra-office newsletter.
Script Pipeline – Los Angeles, CA Feb. 2008 – April 2010
• Read and analyzed scripts on a weekly basis, delivering detailed plot, structure, and character notes.
Naomi Foner – Los Angeles, CA June 2008 – April 2009
Second Assistant (Internship)
• Provided in-depth book and script coverage for Academy Award nominated screenwriter.
• Researched potential source material for future projects.
• Managed various personal and time sensitive tasks on behalf of Ms. Foner.
• Assisted office manager with specific duties such as covering phones and handling confidential deliveries.
Participant Media – Beverly Hills, CA Jan. 2007 – April 2007
Office Assistant (Internship)
• Provided front office support including greeting guests, distributing mail, and covering reception.
• Prepared detailed script coverage and evaluated potential feature projects on behalf of Creative Executive.
• Adapted current events into socially relevant story concepts for Narrative Development department.
LANGUAGE / COMPUTER SKILLS / OTHER INTERESTS
• Fluent in Spanish (speak, read, and write).
• Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) / Mac & PC
• Proficient typist (70-80 WPM)
• Karaoke, film, television.