RAO JASWANT SINGH
4-KA-14, Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur, India
Mobile: +91-98284-50766 Email: email@example.com
Looking for a challenging opportunity in print journalism
Summary of Qualification:
Experience of 7 years in journalism and professional writing.
Expert in writing the article related to the crime and psychology, education and society.
Devoted, responsible and self-motivated personnel.
Proven ability to take new topics, news and responsibilities.
Exceptionally great communication skills both written and verbal.
Profound skills of computers such as word, power point, excel, access etc.
Principal Correspondent November 2010-present
Daily News & Analysis (DNA), Jaipur
Responsibilities as a journalist include research and provide daily news coverage of state crime which includes crime related in every section. Edit, format and correct the articles written by the reporters and district correspondents regarding crime and social problems. Other activities included strategic planning, distribution of work for district correspondents, assisting the Bureau Chief in shaping the news coverage for city pages.
Senior Correspondent 2008-2010
The Times of India, Jaipur
Reported crime incidents and human interest issues including Jaipur serial blasts, child labour in Bt Cotton fields of Gujarat, terror of dacoits in Dholpur region and other major developments. Was the part of team for the coverage of Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha elections in Rajasthan.
The Indian Express, Lucknow
Worked extensively on the Crime and Political beat from Kanpur and adjoining districts including CM constituency. Coordinated with reporters in the neighbouring districts of Lucknow to shape and develop daily incidents and stories related to crime.
The Times of India, Kanpur
Successfully covered national topics on Science and Technology (IIT-K), Crime, Education and various government departments. Gained immediate experience in covering a full range of stories on a local and national level.
Post graduate diploma in mass communication from Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow.
Master’s degree in History from CSJM University, Kanpur.
Bachelor’s degree in Science from CSJM University, Kanpur.
Special stories and links:
• ********** made in Rajasthan for the mining industry are turning out to be the new terror tool for militants both within and outside India. LINK : http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/dna-daily-news-analysis-mumbai/mi_8111/is_20101217/**********-rajasthan-terror-tool-maoists/ai_n56542299/
• Though the Rajasthan State Flying School is closed since the past two years, it seems that the officials of this school have done enough damage to the aviation industry. More than 14 pass outs (Commercial Pilots License holders) from the school are flying aircrafts of various government and private airlines with 'fake certificates.' LINK : http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/dna-daily-news-analysis-mumbai/mi_8111/is_20101124/fake-pilots-cops-investigate/ai_n56356165/
• Breaking story about death of Rajasthani tribal children in Bt Cotton fields of Gujarat. As a result, all prominent newspapers and news channels followed the story. A group of French journalists, based in New Delhi and covering South Asia, took me as resource person and followed the story for French national news channels. Link to the story is http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/india/Lifes-cheap-in-the-Bt-cotton-fields-of-Gujarat/articleshow/4943263.cms
• Link to story broadcasted on French news channel on International Children’s day http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-we/inde-ces-enfants-esclaves-des-champs-de-coton-5552511.html
• Investigative story on fake caste certificates being issued by collectorate offices of Lucknow, Kanpur and Faizabad. The story appeared as lead on the front page of all the editions of ‘The Indian Express’, the coverage was also highly appreciated by Daily Telegraph’s South Asia correspondent Peter Foster in his article. Here is the URL: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/foreign/peterfoster/june06/caste.htm
• Full-page detailed reports on multi-crore coaching industry in Kota (Rajasthan) with special focus on the life of lakhs of engineering aspirants, who come from all over the country.
• Covered Rajasthan Lok Sabha and Assembly Elections 2009. Earlier covered Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2007 of Kanpur, Kannauj, Farukkhabad, Chitrakoot and Banda districts.