OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Structural Engineer
NATIONALITY: U. S. Citizen
PERSONAL: High level of experience in planning, design and analysis, estimation, checking shop drawings, construction supervision and project management for buildings, bridges, highways, hydraulic and drainage structures using AutoCAD, STAAD Pro, MS-Excel, Math CAD, Micro Station etc. including supervision.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering (Civil) BUET, Dhaka 1967
PROFESSIONAL DATA: Fellow Member-Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh, Dhaka. F-3272;
Member-Institute of Engineers, Tripoli, Libya; Kochum Industries Ltd. Maidenhead Berks, SL64EN, U.K. Designed, assembled, and operated slip-forms for tall reinforced concrete structure; WAS invited by CARE(USA) to give lectures on bridge design and construction; Acknowledgement from American Farm School, Greece; Tata Energy Research Institute, India; Biosphere, South Africa; and Edmark Resources, Nigeria, for invention of " Flooring and Roofing System". The invention was also acknowledged and published in the book "One Hundred Innovations for Development"(1988) by Intermediate Technology Publications; nominated for International Inventors Award organized By SIDA in the same year; Malaysian MINDEX,89 WIPO/IIA award winner for the invention in their Invention and Design Exhibition
COMPUTER SKILLS: Autodesk Revit 2010, RISA-3D 8.1, AutoCAD 2007, 2005, 2004, 2000, R14, R11; STAAD/Pro 2006, 2004, 2000, 3.1; Possess a licensed copy of STAAD Pro 3.1 since 1999 and has attained excellence in designing any kind of structures using STAAD Pro; Math Cad, Micro Station V8.1, ADOBE Photo shop, 3D Max, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, WINDOWS-XP etc. I am highly experienced also generating moving load such as AASHTO loading, Latest Boeing or Air Bus Loading etc on bridges and culverts.
February 2008 to Up to Up To Date 2010 (KSE told me that I will be laid off from 07-01-11 as there is no work)
Employer: KSE Engineers, P.C. 494 Broad Street 4th Floor, Newark, NJ 07102
Position Held: Senior Structural Engineer
Tasks included making structural designs using staad pro, Autodesk Revit, Risa 3D etc., making
sketches for preparation of structural detail drawings etc. Worked for the Projects such as
Ocean County College (743); Moon Library, Syracuse, NY (755): Mary Wheeler School, Newark;
World Trade Center Transportation Hub, NY ( 837-01/ 02/04/05); JFK Taxi Way Junction
Chamber and JFK Tripple Barrel Culvert (721-02); LGA East HVAC Upgrade (821-05/04);
Garden State Parkway Bridge at Clinton and Springfield Avenue (723); Union County Three
Intersection Traffic Signal (0751); Jersey City Path EC Panel, Port Authority (821-04-02);
Montauk Rail Road Bridge ((855); Railway Bridge Rating of Morristown Line (0738) NJTRANJIT
MP 7.42; MP 7.53; MP 7.56; MP 7.59; MP 7.65; MP 7.89; MP 9.35; MP 13.94 using COOPER 80
Loading and Rating of 217 year old Stone Masonry Arch Bridge on Hwy 27 at Princeton. First
theoratical deflection by Staad analysis is being compared with the field observation of latest
fiber optics strain gauge using AASHTO loading.
Work for PANYNJ as Specialist Structural Engineer
Checked design by Staad Analysis as well as checked shop drawings for the following projects,-
Newark Liberty International Airport
*Rehabilitation of Parking Lot P6 and Gas Station Site,
Service Building EWR-154-028, Entry and Exit Toll Plaza
*Runway 11 Safety Area Improvement: Redneck Avenue
Relocation; East River Ditch Culvert TEB-144-005A
*Salt and Sand Storage Building; EWR- 910.832
Made Staad Pro design of
*Traffic Barrier Swing Gate (Aluminium) 60’ and 45’ PN-654.527
*Port St and Brewester Rd Connector PN-654.527
*Tripple Box Culvert under Runway 4R22L Job 821-23 for aircraft 747-8 and 787-8
*Tripple Box Culvert under Runway 1129 Job 821-23 for aircraft 747-8 and 787-8
*Checking of Mezanine Floor for load due to Battery Power System at 33rd St PATH
*Design for Column protection, pipe support and beams: EWR-954-901 using staad pro
* Made Staad Pro design checking of Wooden Pier FENDER for Harlem River Bridge against
Impact from Drfting Hopper Barg (2011-1129)
* Made Staad Pro model and structural analysis of MOHAWK RIVER MOVABLE DAM *** BRIDGE dam-8 gate-12 (BIN 4310090) 2009-1012 for rating. Now working on PANYNJ Boiler replacement project (2011-1141-02)
November 2007 to Up to January 2008
Employer: Jacob Engineering 5005 Meadows Road Lake Oswego OR 97035
Position Held: Senior Structural Engineer
Tasks included making structural designs using staad pro, making sketches for preparation of
structural detail drawings etc. Worked for the Projects such as GP Halsey Chimney Tower for
Paper Mill in Oregon and Duct for ATI Sponge Titanium LLC, Utah.
March 2006 to Up to November 2007
Employer: SNS Architects & Engineers, PC. One Paragon Dr Montvale NJ 07645
Position Held: Structural Engineer
Tasks included making structural designs using staad pro, making structural detail drawings
using autocad and checking shop drawings. Projects such as Ramapo college, Hudson Saving
Bank, Valley National Bank, Biagio Resturante, North Jersey Orthopedics, Fedex, Mercedes
Benz and KPMG were completed during this period.
February 2006 to March 2006
Employer: URBITRAN 71 W 33rd St NY 10010 IC Solutions Ltd. 841 Kearny Av Kearny NJ 07032
Position Held: Structural Engineer
Tasks included making optimized structural designs using staad pro and finding deflections
April 1987 to DEC 2005
Employer: HI-TECH CONSULTANTS LTD. Dhaka, Bangladesh
Position Held: Managing Director
Description of duties:
Entirely responsible for running " Hi-tech Consultants Ltd." and full design responsibility. This includes administration, management, financial control, architectural and structural design, etc., and overall implementation of projects. He is also engaged in finding new projects for the firm. Since 1987, this organization has already implemented 51 projects and 6 major current projects.
Tasks included architectural planning, structural design, supervision, construction administration and execution of the following projects:
• Structural design of 17-storied Phoenix (Mount Elizabeth, Singapore) Hospital Building at Tejgaon, Dhaka.
• Structural design of 20-Storied Co-operative Building at Mirpur, Dhaka.
• Structural design of 15-Storied office *** shopping building of Abed Holding at Purana Paltan, Dhaka
• Structural design of 12-Storied office building of Sobhan Brothers at Purana Paltan, Dhaka
• 20-Storied Academic Hospital building of Islamic Medical Mission ( USTC Dhaka Campus)
• 20-Storied 500-Bed Bangabandhu Memorial Hospital of USTC, Foy,s Lake, Chittagong
• 140 ft high, 114 ft diameter, unique shell structural design of Chandrapara Mosque at Faridpur
• 10-Storied shopping *** commercial building of Dhaka City Corporation at Shegunbagicha, Dhaka
• Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) filling and conversion station of Mirpur Ceramic Works Ltd. Dhaka
• Garment Industry Building of Pantax at Bagerbazar, Gazipur, Dhaka (Aprrox. 120,000 sqft)
• Garment Industry Building of Style Craft at Gazipur, Dhaka (Approx. 200,000 sqft)
• Garment Industries of Young one,s at Tongi, Dhaka (Approx. 150,000 sqft)
• Structural design of Bangladesh Embassy Buildingin New Delhi, India.
• Alhamra Shopping City & Office at Zinda Bazar, Sylhet, comprising 293,256 sft. 12-story high
• Anwar Jute Spinning Mills Ltd. at Shikkir Gaon, Gazaria, Dhaka, comprising 90,000 sft.
• Extension of Alltex Industries at Borpa, Dhaka a printing, finishing, loom and garments factory comprising of 240,000 sft. Steel truss and RCC structure.
• 9-Strory with basement Shopping and Apartment Complex “A. R. Tower” at Agrabad CA, Chittagong.
• Monno Fabrics Ltd., at Gilando, Manikganj, Dhaka a composite textile mill such as spinning, loom, printing and finishing comprising a built-up area of 500,000 sqft. RCC frame structure.
• Comfort Diagnostic and Nursing Center at Green Road, Dhaka, a fifteen storied building.
• Dhaka Municipal corporation Underpass Shopping complex at Gulistan intersection.
• Under-pass (Underground pedestrian cross over) at Kawran Bazar and Gabtali in Dhaka.
• Eastern Cement Factory at Narayanganj, Dhaka
• Central Hospital Ltd., at Dhanmondi, Dhaka, an urban 10-storey 200 bed hospital comprising of 106,000 sqft. RCC frame structure.
• Mehmud Industries (pvt) Ltd, Tongi, Dhaka, a spinning mill comprising of 70,000 sqft. RCC frame structure.
• Faynaz Apartments Ltd. at Purana Paltan, Dhaka, a 17- story urban apartment building comprising 70,000 sqft. RCC frame structure.
• 10-storey private apartment complex at 4/1 Rankine Street, Wari, Dhaka comprising of 60,000 sqft. RCC frame structure.
• 32-Bus Terminals in Airport Road, Dhaka of Rangs Ltd. A semi-circular RCC cantilever.
• 11-storey Apartment Building at Banani, Dhaka of Building Technology and Ideas Ltd. in RCC.
• Holy Crescent Hospital Ltd. at Kulshi, Chittagong a 100-bed hospital in RCC construction.
• 22-storey Office Building at VIP road, Dhaka of Rangs Ltd. in RCC Construction with 2-level under ground car parking.
• Wood, Aluminum, Gypsum and Marble Factory at Salna, Gazipur, Dhaka for Concord Engineers and Construction Co. in steel truss and RCC construction.
• Brick Manufacturing Factory at Khadimnagar, Sylhet of Mirpur Ceramic Works Ltd. in RCC construction.
• Factory Extension of Monno Ceramic Industries Ltd. at Dhamrai(two phases) in steel truss and RCC construction including one 40,000 gallon capacity Tea Cup shaped overhead water tank(an unique structure).
• Malek Spinning Mills Ltd. at Shafipur, Gazipur, Dhaka, in RCC construction.
• Dynamic Textile Mills Ltd. at Valuka, Mymensingh spinning mills in RCC construction.
• Community Medicine, Hospital, Applied Health & Sciences and Academic Buildings of University of Sciences and Technology, Chittagong in RCC Construction.
• Indoor Stadium at Mirpur, Dhaka a turn-key project of Concord Engineers and Construction CO. A RCC and steel mixed semi-pyramid shaped structure. Design of zinc-coated color sheet roofing, galvanized purlin, steel truss and catwalk were made.
April,1982 to April,1987
Employer: CONSOCIATES LTD. Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Position Held: Director, Design.
• Responsible for structural design, related project planning and management. Works included design of the following:
• Factory building of Monno Ceramic Industries Ltd. at Dhamrai, Dhaka in steel truss and RCC construction.
• 15-storey Bangladesh Shipping Corporation Office Building at Motijheel Commercial Area, Dhaka
in RCC construction.
• Phoenix Textile Mills Ltd. at Ganakbari, Savar, Dhaka in RCC construction.
• Factory building of Alltex Industries at Borpa, Dhaka. in RCC construction.
• 10-storey office building of Bangladesh Shilpa Bank at Khulna in RCC construction.
• 10-storey office building of Bangladesh Bank at Chittagong in RCC construction.
December, 1979 to February,1982
Employer: Municipality of Zawia, Libya
Position Held: Structural Engineer and Project Engineer.
• Design check and supervision of 13 city roads of Zawia City of Libya a turn-key project by the Italian firm CIAB Spa, Rome in pre-mixed bituminous pavement construction
• Design check and supervision of the City Sewerage Project of Zawia City specially grab bar-screen, grit removal, filtration chamber, power house, office and laboratory etc. a turn-key project under the Municipality of Zawia by the Swiss firm IMPRESSA POLLINI SA CEVIO in RCC construction.
March,1978 to December,1979
Employer: Roads and Highways Department (RHD). Dhaka, Bangladesh
Position Held: Structural Designer(Executive Engineer)
Description of Duties
Charge of a division where four young Asstt. Structural Designers were engaged in making structural design of bridges. Works included designing, supervising, design works and making site visits.
* 12 bridges of different span up to 300'length were designed for Natore-Bogra road and executed.
* Final Technical Decision of a fact finding mission on bearing design of the disputed Balanced Cantilever
Arakandi bridge was taken by him.
January,1977 to March,1978
Employer: Concorp (UK) Limited, London.
Position held: Engineer-in- Charge.
Description of Duties:
• Supervision of construction work of the Central Mosque for Uganda Muslim Supreme Council at Kampala designed by Giovani Associates and CARLBRO a Danish firm based in Nairobi. Kampala City Council placed officially his service to the new assignment.
April,1976 to January,1977
Employer: Kampala City Council, Kampala, Uganda.
Position held: Structural Engineer.
Description of Duties
• Responsible for checking and approving structural design of buildings submitted to Kampala City Council for Building Regulation Approval.
February,1968 to April,1976
Employer: Roads and Highways Department (RHD).
Position Held: Asstt. Structural Designer.
Description of Duties
Major works included design of:
* One 20'x20' double box culvert in RCC.
* Two (25'+12.5')+50'+(12.5'+25')=125' balanced cantilever bridges in RCC
* Two (30'+12.5')+50'+(12.5'+30')=135' balanced cantilever bridges in RCC
* One (30'+17.5')+65'+(17.5'+30')=160' balanced cantilever bridge in RCC
* One 80' span rigid frame RCC bridge
* One 60' span simply supported I-girders RCC bridge
* One 35' span simply supported RCC bridge
* One 40' span simply supported RCC bridge
* One 75' span simply supported Rcc bridge
* One (40'+20')+80'+(20'+40')=200' balanced Cantilever I-Girders RCC bridge
While posted as Asstt. Engineer in Land Plan Division, he was in charge of making payments for several major bridges for design and construction to US firms such as Amman & Whitney (International) Inc. and VZP.
While Posted as Asstt. Engineer in Hydraulic and Drainage Division, he made bridge inventory for all the roads of Bangladesh and also made hydraulic study for a number of bridges.
Uses of Codes of Practice:
• All designs were made on the basis of stress and deflection criteria, and in accordance with Standard
• American Codes in practice for example AISC ASD; AISC LRFD; IBC 2003; AWS D1.1; ACI318-63; ACI318-77; ACI318-92, AASHO-65; AASHO-69; AASHTO-73; AASHTO-77, AISC, ASTM, AWS, and ANSI.
* BSI,S CP110 and CP114 were sometimes used.
* Australian, Bangladeshi and Indian codes