Talented architectural designer and illustrator with extensive design software experience. Has a strong sense of proportion and composition, and excellent design visualization skills. Moves easily between digital and traditional media, including graphite and colored pencil. Effective written and oral communicator. Seeking opportunity to develop and visualize creative and aesthetic design solutions.
Skills & Accomplishments
• Rendered architectural illustrations that appeared in numerous newspapers, brochures, television news broadcasts and online.
• Mentored junior staff in AutoCAD drafting, 3D modelling and illustration techniques.
• Taught a Photoshop and SketchUp rendering workshop at Colorado State University.
• Led CAD standards teams at previous companies.
• Computer Skills: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), SketchUp, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite, Windows XP, Mac OSX
Architectural/Technical Illustrator. Struve Creatives, Gold Canyon, AZ 2008 - Present
• Collaborates with clients to create designs and illustrations that meet their needs and budgets.
• Builds 3D computer models from working drawings.
• Produces 2D and 3D images to assist the design process and client’s visualization of projects.
• Paints architectural renderings for use in client’s marketing efforts.
• Specs materials and components for signage.
Architectural Illustrator/Designer. CommArts, Boulder, CO 2005 - 2008
• Designed and illustrated a variety of spaces: commercial, mixed use, entertainment, resort/hospitality, restaurant, office and residential.
• Served as art director of several projects, supervising other illustrators to ensure quality and uniformity of illustration packages.
• Generated 3D computer models that were used for design visualization, as basis for illustrations and as schematic diagrams.
Intern Architect/Architectural Illustrator. Boulder Associates, Boulder, CO 1998 - 2005
• Worked in all phases of medical architecture practice from schematic design to construction administration.
• Teamed with marketing department to create content for job proposals, award submittals and presentation materials.
University of Colorado at Boulder 1994–1999
Major: Bachelor of Environmental Design,
Idaho State University 1989–1992
Fields of Study: Art, Pre-Architecture
Activities & Affiliations
• Member, American Society of Architectural
• Taught 3D modeling and Photoshop rendering
workshop, Colorado State University ASID Chapter–
Fort Collins, CO
• Autodesk University workshops–Las Vegas, NV
• SketchUp training workshops–Boulder, CO
To see examples of my illustration work, please visit www.kurtstruve.com.