Experienced Fashion garment Graphic Designer.
Lisa Burrows BA (Hons)
6 Herrick Close, Enderby, Leicestershire, LE19 4RU
Contact details: 07790323988: 0116 2841042
• 2:2 BA Honours Degree in Graphic Design
• BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design
• 5 O Levels including Maths and English
• Creative, conscientious and hardworking individual who enjoys all aspects of the design and fashion industry utilising 17 years’ experience within Women’s, Teen, Men’s and Children’s high street fashion
• Proficient at computer aided fashion design using various packages including,
• Adobe Creative Studio, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows 7
• Knowledge of Ethos Embroidery design
• Artwork separation using Wasatch
• Good communications skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the production environment
• Ability to work well within a team and as an individual
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Freehand design and artwork
• Team leadership including project management, delegation of work and quality control of departmental designs
Employment History – Senior Graphic Designer
Quality Clothing Industry March 2011- May 2011
Reporting to the Managing Directors and entirely responsible for the graphic design department. My duties include:
• Ensuring that all design work meets the desired quality standards and that deadlines are met.
• Working closely with the garment team.
• Communicating and working together with the design representatives.
• Designing garment shapes for ranges.
• Creating graphic ranges for garments instructed by specific clients.
• Designing for Ladies and teen wear customers such as Orsay, Ann Harvey, Lee Cooper, TK Maxx and JD Williams.
• Preparing artwork for screen separations and embellishment templates for Turkey and also UK digital printing for sampling purposes.
Poshak 1993 - 2010
Reporting to the Managing Director and responsible for the design department.
My duties include :
• Delegation of Artwork to the Design Department consisting of a team of 3 – 4 people.
• Ensuring that all design work meets the desired quality standards and is produced in a timely manner and that critical deadlines are met.
• Highly creative and versatile individual with over 17 years experience, working to briefs instructed by customers to create original designs for Ladies, Men’s and Children’s fashion wear with a client portfolio of design artwork for well known brands of fashion which includes :
Newlook Ladies, Newlook Inspire, Newlook Kids, Newlook 915 and Newlook Maternity; Evans ladies wear and Maternity wear, Sainsbury’s Ladies wear; Blooming Marvellous; Matalan; Woolworth’s Children’s Wear; Argos Ladies Wear; TKMaxx; C & A; Tammy; EJC; Sports and Soccer Menswear; Local boys Menswear.
• Design of fashion wear for Foreign accounts including : Orsay; Cache Cache and Sisters.
• Able to influence and communicate effectively with work colleagues; customers and suppliers with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Business awareness - understanding of core business values, including finance, manufacturing processes and sales and marketing.
• Liaising closely with Customers, translating customer ideas and briefs into the design process, from conceptual design to finished sampled artwork.
• Working closely with internal departments including Garment designers, from the sampling stage to the finished product.
• Researching High street fashion brands, magazines, and attending fashion events and trips in New York, Cologne, Paris.
• Excellent knowledge of computer aided design including the use of many artwork products including : Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe streamline; Corel Draw.
• Artwork Separation using Wasatch software for screen printing.
• Embroidery design using the Ethos Embroidery package, creation of embroidery designs using computer aided artwork from original designs.
• Responsible for the backup of all computer based artwork.
Clean Driving License
Leicester DeMonfort 1990 – 1993 BA Degree in Art and Design
Loughborough Art College 1988 – 1990 BTEC Diploma in Art and Design
Guthlaxton College 1982 – 1988
I enjoy entering for design competitions, cake decorating mainly for friends and weddings, reading, cycling, running and training for Race for Life and Marie Curie Cancer Research charity races and most of all enjoying spending time relaxing with my family.
References available upon request.