SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Trilingual speaker: Native speaker of Arabic (Standard and Maghribi-Dareja), and fluent in both English and French
• Translation: 11 years of extensive translation experience between all three languages
• Media: 2 years of experience in foreign media/Journalism
• Education: Associate degree in English literature, and diploma in translation
• Certification: Certified court translation, accredited by Moroccan Courts as well as the USA General Consulate in Casablanca & the Australian Embassy
• Interpreter authorized by NC District Courts, USA
Translator/ Interpreter Sept 2006 – present
Self-employed, Greensboro, NC
• Translate different types of technical and non-technical documents (legal, technical, scientific, medical and others
• Provide technical translation to various written materials to include reports, manuals, certificates and contracts..
• Transcribe tapes, provide interpreting services for courts and direct clients
• Proofread and coordinate with other translators to provide translation quality control and to guaranty respect of quality and accuracy
• Collect clients` feedbacks and provide remedial, test and use new translation tools for a better quality service.
School Administrator Sept 2007- Apr 2008
Jamaat Ibad Arrahmane, Durham, NC
• Enforced school policies; maintain contacts with students and parents, answered teachers questions relating to classroom management
Translator/Manager Mar 2003- May 2006
Mondial Traduction Translation Agency, Casablanca, Morocco
• Performed on demand and planned translation
• Provided interpreting services, reviewed tasks, coordinated, supervised activities of translators and distributed material to them
• Managed product-related queries, tested new resources, trained and supported new staff
Web Journalist/Translator Nov 2002- Feb 2003
Mentra Web Agency, Casablanca, Morocco
• Wrote content of websites like Cocacola.ma and provided effective visual illustrations.
• Translated web server’s messages.
• Contacted clients to collect news and support material.
• Edited and proofread news in French and English on regular basis
• Wrote product descriptions, brand support material based on information supplied by clients
• Updated content, checked WebPages before final publication, worked closely with the webmaster for maintenance of websites
Journalist Sep 2000- Oct 2002
Success Magazine/Economie & Entreprises
Group Success Publications, Casablanca, Morocco
• Conduct interviews with various societal figures
• Discussed local, regional issues with my interviewees mainly economics, business and culture.
• Attended press conferences both locally and regionally.
• Arranged visits to local sites for a better analysis and idea about new projects
• Identified, tracked and verified the authenticity of the translated sources of information
• Gathered news, prepared and published different articles and special reports supported by adequate visual illustrations.
Certificate, Credentials I and II (Early Childhood) 2008
Durham Tech College, Durham, NC
Diploma, Translation 2000
King Fahd School of Translation, Tangier, Morocco
Arabic- English- French
Certified, Certified Court Translator 1999
Arabic- English by the Ministry of Justice in Morocco
Associate Degree, English Literature 1997
Hassan II University, Casablanca, Morocco
• Member of ATA (The American Translators Association).
• Member of the Association of Translators Accredited by Moroccan Courts “ATAJ”
• (An Association Accredited by the Ministry of Justice, Kingdom of Morocco): http://www.atajtraduction.asso.ma.