3398 Marsh Road
Cayucos, CA 93430
Mobile: (805) 995.0229
I intend to pursue a career in web content writing and editing as well as delving more into web design and SEO mechanics. I am a fun, flexible and creative young person willing to relocate and currently seeking a job specifically in the San Francisco Bay Area. I look forward to applying my experience and knowledge toward a new professional challenge.
Creative & Technical English Writer & Editor, Insight IntelliLearn
Phaya-Thai, Bangkok, Thailand 3/2010- 5/2011
Project #1: IntelliQuest.com (E-learning software)
• Responsible for writing and editing the content for E-learning software that include: photo essays, facts and trivia, and general conversations based on a devised English learning curriculum.
• Research and brainstorm game mechanics. Create a storyboard for the game and user experience.
• All written content in the game adhered to three different levels of English: basic, intermediate and advanced.
• Research, collect and organize a plethora of data, fun facts and visual references for countries around the world.
• Delve into the ever-expanding arena of social media marketing to find sources and links pertinent to our marketing strategy.
• Devise catchy ad campaigns and slogans used in social media marketing.
• Revise and expand the company's marketing communications, such as job advertisements and official correspondence between executives and prospective corporate partners/customers/franchisers.
• Maintain a productive, cooperative and open working relationship with colleagues, while compiling, writing and editing content independently.
Project #2: LivelyGoals.com (Personal Goal Tracking Website)
• Write and edit English content for the User Interface using OneNote software.
• Implement SEO strategies used during our marketing period.
• Research, collect and organize hundreds of popular goals from across the web.
• Collect and organize data pertaining to distinguishing goal categories (i.e. Sports & Recreation, Parenting, Career & Business, etc.).
• Brainstorm game mechanics and features to enhance website virality and traction strategy to better market the product.
• Research bloggers, Innovators, and Early Adopters to test our beta product online. Customize personalized emails to various bloggers, Innovators, and Early Adopters to market our beta product.
• Strategize personalized LivelyGoals features to support a better User Experience.
• Research, collect and input thousands of ‘keywords’, ‘main keywords’, and ‘proper nouns’ to more effectively filter users goals.
• Research and formulate activities that cater to approximately 400 different goal categories. These suggestions aid the users to structure a routine to achieve their set goal.
• Organize and filter contents collected form across the web. Contents are open sourced, updated and available to users daily.
• Edited and incorporated specifically engineered web design and UI structure
• Research and draft a short video introduction to the LivelyGoals website.
Secondary English Teacher, Kasintorn Academy
Bangkae, Bangkok, Thailand 5/2009-13/3/2010
• English teacher for secondary level students between the ages of 13-16 years.
• Homeroom teacher for a class of 10 secondary 2 students (13 years) whom I taught not only English classes, but also Geography, Physical Education, Health and Computers.
• Administered and proctored semester exams, as well as conducting review sessions based on secondary testing materials.
• To meet the varying degree of English comprehension in one class, I adapted & improvised the proposed lesson plans on a regular basis.
• Responsible for administrative paperwork from exam outcomes to a student’s overall behavior and conduct within the classroom.
Internship, Solar Cookers International (SCI)
Sacramento, CA 4/2008-6/2008
• Worked closely with the Executive Director doing research on prospective East African countries and communities where SCI micro-enterprise programs could be established.
• Responsible for secretarial and research-based work in SCI’s education and awareness program.
• Acquired understanding of the structural and administrative elements of an NGO/NPO.
Welder & Construction Laborer, Schiff Family Live/Work Space
Cayucos, CA 1/2001-3/2009
• Responsible for designing and welding structural beams, terracing with broken concrete, landscaping, etc. with Father on live/work space.
• Participated in an independent study program for a semester sophomore year of high school, while spending half the school day welding, grinding and terracing.
• Gained experience using recycled and sustainable materials to build a green live/work structure; learned to build after resource.
Sales Associate, Copelands Enterprises
San Luis Obispo, CA 12/2002-12/2003
• Responsible for selling, merchandising, store recovery and customer service in the Copeland’s Women’s Store.
College Graduate – University of California, Davis, CA
B.A. International Relations Major/Western European History Minor 2004-2008
• Graduated June 2008
• Current GPA 3.25
• International Relations major with emphasis on peace and security
• Minor in ancient history and study of Western Europe from monarchy to the EU
• Proficient in the French Language both verbal and written
• Libero on UC Davis Women’s Volleyball (Freshman/Sophomore Year)
Study Abroad (Junior) – Paris, France 1/2007- 05/2007
• Lived in Paris for five months in an international dorm
• Attended Human Rights and European Integration classes
• Visited the EU institutions in Brussels and UNESCO in Paris
• Spoke French proficiently by the end of the term
TESOL Certification - Chiang Mai, Thailand 4/2009-5/2009
• Completed the three week TESOL Chiang Mai course
• Completed Cultural Certification with Innovative Solutions
References are available upon request.