323 Tyler Avenue
Washington, PA 15301 US
Cell: 724 825 6966
Graphic Designer, Owner
GREY BIRD GRAPHIC DESIGN
May 2018 — Present
• Formulate graphic design solutions for multiple businesses, supporting graphic, print, and type design, as well as desktop publishing. Prepare creative and innovative web graphics, logos, presentations, business cards, advertisements, brochures, and other marketing collateral based on client needs
• Maintain regular contact with clients, developing a client base and new sources of business.
Print & Graphic Designer
AMERICAN PRINTING & MAILING CENTER
October 1996 — May 2018
• Oversee small staff, managing multiple design briefs, preparing graphic design and layout for print (offset and digital) and web banners
• Develop innovative design concepts for print-ready files, amending final designs to client comments prior to production
• Follow all client and corporate graphic standards
• Re-energized failing graphics department to maintain functionality and productivity, developing new business and acquiring prospective clients.
• Coordinate processes with all departments, facilitating meetings with key internal stakeholders and clients, and supervise production from ideation to archiving final product
• Leverage creative and marketing knowledge to develop new options and innovative campaigns for variety of visual communication products.
January 1994 — September 1996
• Specialized in creating full color automobile dealership service departments flyers, postcards, and mailers; designed branding and graphic standards used for Subaru service sectors.
Graphic Designer, administrative assistant, database management
KELLY SERVICES and other temp services
January 1990 — January 1994
• Temporary positions in graphics design and administration (Unix, PC, MAC)
• Worked for IBM downtown Baltimore (2+ years) Alex Brown & Sons for 6 months T Rowe Price, and several other businesses as needed in mentioned fields.
Administrative Assistant to District Manager
September 1984 — January 1990
• Was responsible for supporting District Manager for corporate sales, as well as supporting sales staff of 12
• Handled all office equipment, all reports, all incoming phone calls, setting up meetings, kept office staff calendars, created presentations, contracts and filed all reports to corporate offices
• Handled spreadsheets and database.
• Supported area computer services which included travel.
Administrative Assistant to Sales, Catering, and Owner
Peabody Court Hotel
June 1981 — September 1984
• Supported hotel’s sales, catering, restaurant, front desk, and owner in all administrative duties. Interaction and assistance to staff and clientele. Varied skills needed and acquired to handle all departments and accomplish these new tasks and requests. Flexibility was key to handling upscale environment and clientele in this Leading Hotel of the World at the time.
Cape Cod Community College – MA
Computer Science - grade 4.0
June 1978 – January 1979
Left due to relocation to Maryland
Mergenthaler Vocational Technical High School
Trade Degree, Commercial Art & Lettering
September 1969 — May 1972
Degree date: 1972
• Specialized in Art History, Graphic Art, and Lettering
• Won a 2nd place in national Maritime poster Contest in 1971
• Photoshop, Web Design and Profitable Freelancing Certificate of Completion - Udemy.com
• Master Web Design in Photoshop Certificate of Completion - Udemy.com
• Mastering Photoshop CC Certificate of Completion - Udemy.com