A self-directed and dedicated professional with proven organization and time management skills and over 20 years experience supporting senior level executive management. A quality conscious and trusted advisor who possesses strong communication, planning and decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality. A proactive, team-oriented professional with strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced energetic environment while adapting to changing priorities. Capable of working effectively as a team member, leader or independently with minimal supervision and possesses a calm professional manner focused on efficiency to obtain optimum results.
KEY SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Trusted executive adviser who was entrusted to manage highly confidential information in a timely manner while simultaneously demonstrating ability to juggle competing demands for several executives as well as fulfilling executive team requirements on demand.
• Successfully supported 4 busy senior executives who managed and maintained well over $300 million in accounts including processing high priority requests on a daily basis.
• Coordinated and maintained entire calendar management and support for 4 senior executives including viewing all email with important updates/requests from executives and processing priority and urgent requests first.
• Co-ordinated all executive expensing including system input & submission of hard copy, Submitted all expense submissions on time and provided follow up on all outstanding expense matters which were dealt with swiftly and proactively with both internal and third party vendors.
• Project managed the creation and overhaul of extensive executive distribution lists including the compilation of database’s for clients
• Managed return of IBM assets as well as ordering of office supplies
• Typing reports, letters & memos in a professional manner as required for busy executives, editing and proof reading of documents and contracts
Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
• Arranged activities of senior executives using independent judgement and discretion (eg. meetings are not interrupted)
• Screened requests for executives and identified and rescheduled priority meetings including the ability to identify potential problems and shifting priorities to accommodate
• Briefed executives before appointments/meetings with appropriate background information
• Handled all incoming client and executive inquiries and arranged follow up communication and/or call back. Screened calls from executives for priority. Relayed information based on urgency level. Prioritized meeting requests based on urgency and work load, especially during high volume situations.
• Able to interact appropriately with levels from junior staff to senior executive
Organization and Co-ordination Skills
• Scheduled and co-ordinated all travel arrangements including North American and international within calendars of 5 busy senior executives.
• Event planning and co-ordination of complex conferences – for up to 100 (co-ordinating meeting, including set-up of conference bridge info, recording of meeting, meeting location, connecting with Bell operator & opening lines for call, ensuring proper sound check, announcement of guest speakers in advance of meetings, arrangement of all meeting facilities internally and externally, arranging food & beverage if required).
• Represented the company by phone and in person to the public and business community in a positive and professional matter
• Compiled and documented procedures and training materials for the formal training and ongoing coaching of new administrative assistants.
Executive Assistant, IBM Canada, 2008 - 2010
Sales Representative, Re/Max, Royal Lepage 2001 - 2008
Executive Assistant, Ell-Rod Holdings Ltd 1999 - 2000
Office Manager, Precision Office Services 1995 - 1999
Real Estate License (Parked) Ontario Real Estate Association, Toronto, ON 2001
4 Year Business Program, O’Neil Collegiate, Oshawa, ON 1971
Online courses – Lotus Notes, Symphony, Windows, Online Travel, WWER, Ethics in Business
• Circle of Excellence Award- Ontario Manpower 2008
• President’s Award for Outstanding Sales 2001
Possess solid working knowledge of the following applications:
• Windows 2000/XP, Lotus Notes, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
• Variety of real estate applications.
VOLUNTEER & EXTRA-CURRICULAR EFFORTS
• Participant in Run for the Cure 2004 - 2008
• Volunteered at St. Vincent’s Soup Kitchen 2006 - 2008
• Volunteered at primary schools with special needs children
• Avid cyclist, interest in general fitness & horse back riding, enjoys reading, cooking and knitting