25 Charles Street, Suite 2E, New York, NY 10014
VISION: To provide multicultural creative solutions for global and U.S. markets, increasing brand equity through cultural, brand narrative and language efficient alignment. To build on a 15+-year career conceptualizing and executing multicultural marketing & social media campaigns and web content management, as well as achieving the successful launching of integrated Hispanic communications at world-class advertising agencies and entertainment multimedia outlets.
CONSULTING & FREELANCING PROJECTS: Mercedes-Benz USA, Google World Cup Data Newsroom, Possible, Definition 6, HBO, Grey/Wing, MonacoLange, Cline, Davis & Mann, Ogilvy Healthworld.
2009-Present Consulting Multicultural Creative Director / Copywriter. Hill Holliday / Erwin Penland, Advertising Agency, NYC.
• Successfully launched the agency’s Hispanic-integrated communication services, providing creative supervision, web content management, and bilingual copy to shopper marketing, sponsorship, direct mail, and digital accounts.
• Achieved improved results through Hispanic & General Markets efficient language alignment across Social Media Video Production, POP, Direct Marketing, Digital and CRM efforts.
• Provided linguistic consulting on bilingual copy adaptations and interactive programs involving NFL gaming platforms.
• Developed bilingual branding and proprietary assets, as well as legal cross-culture consulting.
• Developed legal copy and official rules for sponsorship and promotions, and assisted the legal compliance process.
• Clients included Verizon Wireless, Sears, Michelin, Advance America.
2010-2011 Creative & Marketing Multicultural Consultant. DirecTV, NYC.
• Achieved in-house consolidation of bilingual creative ideation and copy for direct marketing and digital efforts. Increased cost efficiency in Hispanic & General Market integrated communications across Print Advertisement, Direct Mail, and CRM campaigns.
• Provided linguistic consulting on bilingual creative campaigns and copy adaptations.
2007-2008 Senior Bilingual Copywriter. People en Español Magazine / TimeWarner, NYC.
• Engaged in the creative ideation, copy and content development for advertising and marketing campaigns across multi-channel franchises. Specialized in integrated Hispanic Advertorials and Experiential Multiplatform Programs.
• Managed Web Content, In-Book Programs and developed bilingual marketing kits, as well as cross-culture consulting.
• Developed interactive campaigns integrated with traditional media.
• Clients included Unilever, Wal-Mart, Garnier, Trident, McDonald’s, Verizon, Sears, Lactaid, M&M’s, Maybelline New York, JC Penney, State Farm Insurance, The Home Depot, Absolute Vodka, Nestle, Dior.
2001-2007 Senior Copywriter. The Bravo Group / Young & Rubicam, Advertising Agency, NYC.
• Engaged in the creative ideation and copy for advertising and marketing campaigns across all media. Specialized in Hispanic & General Market integrated communications across TV/Radio, Web Content, Direct Marketing and CRM.
• Managed the Linguistic Service Department, supervising transcreators, copy editors and proofreaders (Spanish, French Canadian and Brazilian Portuguese).
• Conducted focus groups and analysis on foreign markets. Supervised and performed voiceovers.
• Clients included Citibank, AT&T, Cingular, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Sears, Mazda, Kraft, ChevronTexaco, Miller, Visa, Microsoft, Hertz, USPS, The New York Times, McDonalds, Philip Morris and Time Warner Cable.
1998-2001 Culture Manager / Legal Editor. PlanetLeap (formerly YAR Communications), Digital Agency, NYC.
• Engaged in editing, translating, drafting and proofreading advertising, legal, financial and technical copy.
• Analyzed in-market legal structure to adapt communication campaigns to foreign markets.
• Managed Web Content and provided international cultural consulting. Managed localization and globalization teams and provided QA and testing for internet applications, websites and software.
• Clients included Lucent Technologies, Nationwide Financial Services, AT&T, Apple, Yahoo, EDS, American Airlines, Chase.
1995-1995 Financial Analyst. Central Bank of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela.
• Applied technical and fundamental analysis on financial instruments to G-7 and emerging markets bond issues. Analyzed international credit conditions.
1991-1992 Associate. Lares, Tejera & Negrón, Law firm, Caracas, Venezuela.
• Engaged in general practice, legal research, real estate, capital markets, intellectual property, and litigation. Drafted contracts and conducted due diligence.
BS-MA* in International Studies, Central University of Venezuela (UCV) Business School, (*Licenciado), 1995.
BA-JD*, Andrés Bello Catholic University (UCAB) Law School, (*Abogado), Venezuela. 1992.
COURSES & SEMINARS
• Increasing Direct Mail Profitability. DMDNY, 2001.
• Financial Specialization in Capital Markets. Venezuelan Institute of Capital Markets, 1996.