477 Colonial Ct.
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
A highly conceptual graphic design professional with vision and experience recognized for consistently delivering relevant marketing solutions. Respected as a leader, mentor and advisor. Adept at creative development and execution of direct mail, print advertising, television commercials, collateral, magazine publications, corporate identity, web design and time-based media. An organized art director with the proven ability to manage and lead key project contributors to exceed expectations. Maintains a reputation as a positive and responsible team player with the ability to establish strong internal and vendor relationships.
• Adept at customer relationship marketing (CRM)
• Adjunct professor at College for Creative Studies
• Effective presentation skills with clients, students and colleagues
• Highly regarded for maintaining calm under stressful conditions
• Team player in cross-channel environment
• Key player in new business pitches and campaign development
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experienced working with renown photographers and illustrators including Annie Leibovitz, Jay Maisel, Pete Turner, Clint Clemens and Guy Billout
HOUR CUSTOM PUBLISHING, Royal Oak, MI December 2010 – Present
Responsible for art directing, designing publication layout, web design and collateral material, establishing budgets, presentations to clients, hiring creative talent and working with printers.
• Create and design publications for beer and wine tourism for Michigan and Finger Lakes of New York, Golf publications for Michigan and the Carolinas
• Work with a creative staff on Somerset Collection and Millenia Mall
KEN CENDROWSKI DESIGN, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 2009 – Present
Design firm with full-service capabilities for client graphic and communication needs.
Create and produce multi-media work including digital banners, web design, corporate logo and identity systems, retail and collateral materials for GrossePointeToday.com Grosse Pointe Public Library, Ahee Jewelers, The Optimé Group, Appleseed Healthcare Solutions, Telmar and StrongStar Consulting.
• Recognition of achievement: American Corporate Identity ninetieth annual; Award of Excellence for letterhead, Neenah Paper Design; gold medal, letterhead.
CAMPBELL-EWALD ADVERTISING, Warren, MI 1997 – November 2009
VP Art Supervisor
Collaborated with creative group to develop and execute award-winning CRM solutions, launch new programs, build awareness for vehicle incentive and travel reward programs. Served as team player winning U.S. NAVY and U.S. Mint accounts.
• Created and maintained integrated look and feel for ACDelco automotive parts developing a style guide used throughout the world.
• Art directed and designed retail ads and outdoor billboards for National City Bank in multiple markets across the Midwest.
• Teamed with a writer to create and develop Wyndham Rewards point of service, statement newsletters and travel publication advertising.
• Created and designed digital variable direct mail and e-letters for GM CRM.
• Collaborated on GM OnStar consumer direct response campaign for renewing subscribers and was successful in exceeding renewal rate and winning a DMAD Target award.
• Designed Delta Faucet full-line catalog introducing the Michael Graves faucet line.
THE HAMILTON GROUP, Bloomfield Hills, MI 1996 to 1997
Senior Art Director
Teamed with writer to win new business that was instrumental in building client base.
• Created new brand image for Sherwood of America urban vehicle sound system.
• Designed International Hockey League ‘All-Star’ game logo used on merchandise.
MCNAMARA COMMUNICATIONS, Troy, MI 1993 to 1996
Associate Creative Director
Developed and produced creative work in all media including television, print, point of service and collateral materials for the agency. Served as graphic designer on promotional materials for
in-house art studio.
• Teamed with writer to create campaigns for Health Alliance Plan and HAPs’ HealthChoice that elevated awareness and exceeded HAP enrollment projections.
• Won numerous awards including CADDY Awards for HealthChoice publication advertising, the Barat House non-profit PSA, and self-promotional materials for McNamara.
THE PUBLICATIONS COMPANY, Detroit, MI 1992 to 1993
Served as lead art director on two major, critical journals for IBM: Profit magazine and Beyond Computing magazine.
• Orchestrated two creative teams and two editor/clients on editorial content geared toward information technology (IT) entrepreneurs and chief information officers (CIO).
CAMPBELL-EWALD PUBLISHING, Warren, MI 1980-1992
Senior Art Director
Responsible for art directing, designing, establishing budgets, presentations, hiring vendors and writing copy for new publication proposals and organic growth.
• Launched Corvette Quarterly lifestyle magazine that received measured success for Chevrolet from car enthusiasts with engaging award-winning editorial and design.
• Designed entertaining information and a targeted message to passionate outdoor enthusiasts about Chevy truck product in Chevy Outdoors Magazine.
COLLEGE FOR CREATIVE STUDIES, Detroit, MI 1988 – Present
Adjunct professor – Business and Professional Practices (2005 – Present)
• Instruct third year graphic design students in professional practices and the work process designers use in an office environment.
Instructor – Training for Creatives by Creatives (1996 – Present)
Professional development program customized to local industries advancing their skill set.
• Consults, advises and demonstrates methods for creative thinking and practical application.
Adjunct professor – Advanced Communication Design (1988 – 1999)
• Instructed practical use of concepts and design through the use of visual thinking.
BFA, major in advertising communication, College for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI
Web Design Certificate, College for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI, in progress.
The American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)