SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 10 years of experience as Sr. Business Analyst/System Analyst/BSA and over 6 years as Quality Analyst in Manufacturing Industry with focus on understanding business logic, identifying implementation requirements and determining solutions to business processes based complex software projects, that includes system development component, business process improvement, strategic planning and policy development.
• Expertise in requirements gathering through direct user interviews, workshops, secondary market research and databases.
• Facilitating JAD sessions with business users and development team to drive out detailed business requirements.
• Provided satisfactory results being a liaison between business users and developers.
• Exceptional documentation skills for writing use cases and functional requirement documents as well as for creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, State diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams.
• Proficient knowledge of Agile, Scrum & Waterfall model.
• Well versed with JIRA issue-tracking tool and Confluence.
• Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment.
• Strong command over conducting Enterprise Requirement Analysis including Requirements Planning and Management, Requirements Gathering and Communication, Solution Assessment, Risk Analysis, GAP Analysis, Business Impact Assessment, Testing and Validation of Projects.
• Hands on experience with all MS Office products, including MS Excel, and MS Access.
• Expertise in analyzing business and technical specifications, developing and documenting Test Requirements, Test Scripts, Test Cases and procedures along with formulating Business Models.
• Experience with Quality Assurance of Test Cases using ALM Tool.
• Experience in Functional and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Excellent team player with ability to think analytically and troubleshoot issues. Responsible and strong work ethics, fulfilling all duties and meeting deadlines.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Blue Cross Blue Shield/Blue Care Network, Southfield, MI November 2016 - January 2017
• Reporting and Data Analysis
• Responsible for the Membership and Billing activities for Blue Care Network.
• Provided analytical support to a specific group of customers on business applications, infrastructure and technology related activities.
• Acted as a project team member, specifically on requirements definition and testing activities.
• Provided guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on complex problems and ensure resolution.
• Assisted customers on their migration to new or revised products, applications and platforms.
• Worked with application developers and operations personnel to support production applications and customer-specific operations.
• Build, enhance, and maintain Access databases and Excel spreadsheets for metric reporting and inventory management.
• Able to read / write Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Able to conduct Reporting and Data Analysis; and trouble shoot.
• IT infrastructure experience in designing the databases to streamline the process and make it easier to access.
Environment: SharePoint, MS Office Suite including MS Access and VBA
Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI March 2015 – July 2016
Sr. Technical Business Analyst/Quality Analyst
• SCA-C MDM Process Automotive Ownership Tracking (AOT)
• SCA-C MDM Process Extended Service Plan (ESP)
• Email as a Service (EaaS) Using Salesforce Tool
• Shared Documentation Project
• Customer Groups Data Load for Marketing Programs
• Created Use Cases and managed SDLC for Process AOT and Process ESP for SCA-C MDM Project.
• EaaS Email Development Requirements - Build emails, data extensions, triggers, journeys, automations, etc. using Salesforce Tool.
• Analytics and Reporting within the Salesforce Tool for EaaS.
• Defined, developed and documented detailed requirements in short time-boxes using Agile methodology. Also worked on Waterfall and Scrum.
• Assisted developers with creating/updating SQL queries using Teradata SQL Assistant.
• Worked with business users to differentiate between must have and could have requirements.
• Facilitated meetings and workshops to end circular conversations and bring the team to consensus.
• Worked to understand and document regional system requirements and processes and identify how they can be implemented into a global solution.
• Gather and document business requirements in Business Requirements Document (BRD) with business partners and business users.
• Assisted with translation of business requirements into IT design specifications.
• Present and review business analysis and reengineering results of tasks to mid-level IT and business partner management.
• Participate in the planning, creation, and execution of business partner testing and acceptance testing.
• Collaborate with internal specialists to research business and technology trends appropriate to business and IT solution definition.
• Hands-on experience as business analyst and with system design and root cause analysis.
• Worked through the entire life cycle of the project.
• Responsible for executing the project within the time frame.
• Experience creating project schedules using MS Projects.
• Worked with the Project Manager to plan and deliver the project on time using Rally and Kanban.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with both IT and Business Partners.
• Experience in conducting user workshops, focus group sessions & other collaborative techniques.
• Documented User Stories and Test Cases for successful completion of the project.
• Did QA/QC Testing for Test Cases using ALM Tool and SAS Enterprise Guide.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Track, Manage, and Assess the results of Test Defects over time.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
• Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
• Develop and document quality assurance and compliance processes for an IT application portfolio or program.
• Lead test planning, test scenario and test case development and used those in testing the business applications in order to verify that functional and non-functional requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
• Worked with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans.
• Establishes internal IT service quality control standards, policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes, educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables.
• Worked on various data warehouses such as Trillium, Teradata SQL Assistant and DB2 database.
• Created user reports using Teradata SQL Assistant.
• Keep abreast of new Tools & Technology and functionalities across the testing domain.
Environment: MS Visio, SharePoint, UML, MS Office Suite, Rally Software for Agile, Teradata SQL Assistant, DB2 Database, ALM Tool, SAS Enterprise Guide, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Soap UI, Java, Kanban for Agile, JIRA, Confluence
VW Auto Credit, Inc. Libertyville, IL January 2013 – February 2015
Sr. Business Analyst/Quality Analyst
• FIS auto credit system configuration
• Marketing Data Integration
• Dealer Sales Appointment System
• Interacting with the SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
• Identified Use cases from the requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications.
• Adept at bridging technical capabilities and business insight to design or enhance core business processes.
• Managed all phases of SDLC which included planning, documentation, and resource and budget management.
• Worked as a Business analyst to review the project plan, charter and formulated schedule to gather requirements from business.
• Designed use-cases and use-case models to further refine the requirements and understand the business processes.
• Interacted with Business owners, Dealers, Developers, Project Manager and Process Analysts to understand the business processes identified enhancements and gathered business requirements.
• Worked with the Analysts and the Project Managers to ensure costs and schedule information are input into reports in a timely manner.
• Analyze information and create reports for the Project Manager (PM) to fulfill the customers, business partners, or team member’s needs.
• Worked with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure the schedule and plan for the project is accurate and complete.
• Maintained documentation in SharePoint.
• Created UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data-Flow Diagrams using MS Visio to define the Business Process and Data Process model.
• Conducted JAD sessions to discuss requirements and resolve conflicts between stakeholders.
• Involved with the QA team to develop and review Testing Strategies and Test Plans using ALM Tool.
• Made effective communication between the developers and the end clients to guarantee that development efforts were within the scope of the project.
• Actively involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
• Adept at doing root cause analysis and gap analysis.
• Created queries and user reports using Teradata SQL Assistant data warehouse.
• Design, monitor and analyze performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives.
• Research alternative solutions to problems, determine proper approaches, make verbal and/or written recommendations to appropriate parties and implement solutions as required.
• Provide training on established processes and policies.
• Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Promote teamwork and leads by example.
• Used a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools, and comfortable working with a geographically dispersed team.
Environment: MS Visio, UML, MS Suite, SharePoint, JAMA, MS Excel, MS Access, Teradata SQL Assistant, DB2 Database, Rally Software for Agile, ALM Tool, SAS Enterprise Guide, Soap UI, Java, Kanban for Agile, JIRA, Confluence
Boost CTR, Inc., San Francisco, CA July 2012 – January 2013
Business Analyst/QA Analyst
• Redesign Share Drive: Restructuring of share drive folders by departments and define new business processes.
• Planned and designed Share drive.
• Preformed pre-Implementation assessment, data gathering and performed gap analysis between As-Is (current procedures) and To-Be (new requirements).
• Facilitated JAD sessions through interviews with stakeholders to gather business requirements and understand current business processes and workflow using MS Visio.
• Conducted meetings with stakeholders to create effective communications plan for business user community; delivered timely project updates through emails, Web Portal postings and meetings. Improved and recommended changes to implementation procedures.
Environment: Internet Explorer, SharePoint, UML, MS Visio, ALM Tool
Meso Coat, Inc., OH April 2011 – July 2012
Business Analyst/QA Analyst
• Enhancement of software used for Automatize the Cladding & Coating System.
• Modeled the ‘AS-IS’ process flow and the ‘TO-BE’ process flow and did a thorough gap analysis and proposed action plan to fill the gap
• Conducted user interviews with business partners, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements.
• Identified the stakeholders, developed a stakeholder list and created stakeholder assessment matrix to prioritize them
• Benchmarked and measured key performance indicators (KPIs) with a goal to increase profit by continuous improvement
• Used Microsoft SharePoint as the version tracking tool for managing the requirements documentation.
• Facilitated meetings between management and IT team to ensure smooth hand-off.
• Designed and wrote database using MS Access, Visual Basic and SQL to automate, extract, process, measure, chart and report End of Week, End of Month and End of Year cycles
• Automated reporting to Department Heads, C-Level Executives and Board of Directors with course corrected recommendations against deviations
• Responsible for transforming shop floor production systems by reducing waste within the previous systems by employing the MS Visio and AutoCAD as Project Manager
• Reducing waste such as Motion, Transportation, Over Production, Inventory and Unused Creativity
Environment: Java, HTML, SharePoint, MS Visio, Internet Explorer, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, ALM Tool
Kitabe.com, Canton, MI November 2007 – April 2011
Business System Analyst
• Inventory tracking and control
• Database remodeling & Mapping process
• Product maintenance and refurbishment tracking control
• Applied interrelationships of multiple disciplines, business requirements of client areas, system development principles, and project management skills.
• Fostered good client relations by performing, supporting or facilitating business and technical requirements.
• Ability to understand/adapt to business issues and challenges of client's operations. Reviewed and edited requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution and suggest areas for improvement in internal processes.
• Identified issues and troubleshooted to provide timely resolutions and performed root cause analysis.
• Ensured validity, quality and accuracy of internal and external data reports, files and all other data deliverables.
Environment: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS-Project, Visio
Oracle 8i/9i; SQL Server 7.0/2K, Access 2000, MS SQL Server.
Windows XP/95/98/NT/2000, UNIX, LINUX.
MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, MS Office Suite.
Business Requirements Elicitation, Business Process Analysis(BPMN), Gap Analysis, Use Case Modeling & Analysis, data flow diagrams, Entity relations.
Quick Test Pro, ALM Tool, SAS Enterprise Guide, Soap UI, Bugzilla, Bug-track
Waterfall and RUP (Rational Unified Process), Agile, and Scrum
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
BS Engineering, B.I.T. - India (07/1990-06/1994)
Member of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®)
Successfully completed the following Courses at Ford:
• Accredited Agile Participant
• Certified in Ford Agile Framework with Rally
• Certified in Agile Product Owner Practitioner Accreditation Training
• Certified in Agile Team Facilitator Practitioner Accreditation Training
• Certified in Microsoft SharePoint Online Administration for the IT Professional
• Microsoft Certified in Developing SQL Databases
• Microsoft Certified in Implementing ETL with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Successfully Completed Course in Project Management Life Cycle
• Going Further with SDM Training
• Export Compliance Course
• HIPAA: Your Responsibilities as a Health Plan Administrator
• Hazardous Materials Transportation Course
• Ford Ontario Accessibility Standards for Customer Service