Jeff A. Windle
GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFESSIONAL
To obtain full-time employment performing design, marketing and/or prepress duties, or managing a department in which such duties are performed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Over eighteen years of design experience with industry-standard graphics programs such as QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Over nine years with Adobe InDesign. Over eleven years of experience with Adobe Acrobat and high-end proprietary ripping and imposition programs for use with conventional offset and digital presses.
• Managerial duties have included supervision of fellow designers, copywriter, web designers and production staff.
• Print design experience includes magazine ad creation, catalog/newsletter layout and design, direct mail advertising, posters, backlit displays and various types of signage.
• Experienced in XHTML and web design fundamentals, font usage and identification, color theory and digital color correction, photographic retouching and restoration, social media and typesetting principals.
• Experienced in supporting and troubleshooting Macintosh computer systems, components and upgrades, including hard drive and memory installation, system software, basic networking, laser and inkjet printers (including large-format), and color scanning. Also experience with basic use of Windows PCs and applications.
• Extensive experience with file conversion, FTP, pagination, printing imposition, offset printing, digital process-color printing (e.g., HP Indigo presses), screen printing and bindery techniques, customer service, Microsoft office applications and use of common office equipment.
Integrated Electronic Technologies, Mobile, Alabama
Marketing Coordinator January 2010 to Present
Postmark Ink, Fairhope, Alabama
Prepress Manager May 2006 to December 2009
Observant Security, Mobile, Alabama
Marketing Coordinator September 2005 to May 2006
OSI Printing, Mobile, Alabama
Production Artist January to September 2005
Ridgway’s Reprographics (formerly Service Point), Mobile, Alabama
Large-Format Color October 2003 to January 2005
First American Printing & Direct Mail, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Prepress Graphic Technician June 2001 to October 2003
Graphic Designer February 2000 to June 2001
Balloons Everywhere, Fairhope, Alabama
Graphic Artist & Custom Imprinting Supervisor November 1998 to February 2000
Graphic Artist & Customer Service April 1993 to April 1997
Crown Products, Mobile, Alabama
Production Artist April 1997 to November 1998
(between times at Balloons Everywhere, see above)
PORTFOLIO / SAMPLES
A PDF with samples of my design work is available at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2859551/jeff_windle_folio.pdf
Available upon request.