I am a creative thinker who finds satisfaction in discovering solutions to difficult problems and actively seeks new challenges. I am looking to work with a company that rewards these qualities and prides itself in achieving excellence.
Fantasy Horizons 2010-Present:
Working as a freelance graphic designer and illustrator has helped me to develop and refine many skills crucial to job success. I am responsible for cultivating relationships with clients, communicating throughout a project, operating on tight deadlines, and providing a product that exceeds expectations.
As a production artist I have spent time working both on interior designs and covers, ensuring that files fall within technical specifications as well as adhere to company specific branding standards. I worked closely with the art directors as well as the managing and coordinating editors to ensure titles reflect HarperCollins high standard of quality while maintaining project deadlines.
Academic Career 2006-20012:
During college I applied myself with the same devotion to excellence I can bring to your company. Consequently I graduated with academic honors, was frequently included on the dean’s list, and was awarded multiple scholarships.
Military Career 2000-2008:
During my time in the military I operated in a high stress atmosphere while performing mission critical duties. My performance achieved me the respect of comrades and superior officers, earned me the rank of Sergeant, and secured my honorable discharge. The military instilled in me a sense of professionalism and a drive for success in any situation.
Job specific skills:
• Understanding of the preparation and implementation of multi-plate files for complex cover decoration
• Ability to read and follow complicated templates during file set-up to ensure end results adhere to printer guidelines and branding standards.
• Acrobat DC Pro
• MS Office
• Verbal and written communication
• Time management
• Graphic Design
• Personal Discipline
• Work Ethic
• Critical thinking
• Fast learner
• Extensive prepress experience
• Experience with Quark to Indesign conversion
• Executed numerous original multipage interior designs
• Comprehensive understand- ing of asset storage and archive systems
• Current on popular social media platforms and trends
• Familiar with file transfer systems including WeTransfer, Dropbox and FTP
• Familiar with IFTT
• Self motivated and deadline oriented
• Great communication skills
Scholarships and Awards
• Kendall Portfolio scholarship
• Kendall merit scholarship
• Michigan Merit Award
• Katrina Anderson Memorial scholarship
BFA in Illustration with a minor in Digital Media
Kendall College of Art and Design 2012 GPA 3.82