Self-motivated, seasoned writing and editing professional with highly effective techniques. Ability to work independently to meet any set deadlines.
FREELANCE WRITER/EDITOR – Spokane, WA
January 2002 to June 2019
• Achieved project scope and met required completion deadlines.
• Firm grip on grammar, usage, and style.
• Edited and improved articles for style, voice, and tone.
• Charged with reviewing content for proper punctuation, usage, and syntax.
I.T. CONTRACTOR / NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR – Redmond, WA
June 1996 – September 2001
• Advised and created documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Developed, implemented and maintained policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Achieved the initial setup of networks and trained staff on the use of those networks.
• Selling and marketed my services in order to obtain contracts – primarily cold calling.
FIELD NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR: National Cash Register (NCR) – Bellevue, WA
June 1992 – May 1996
• Serviced and maintained ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
• Hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
UNITED STATES NAVY – San Diego, CA
USS Ranger CV-61 – Honorably Discharged
• Computer technician trained
• Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop computers and peripherals, such as printers.
• Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades.
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware.
CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY – Online
(Expected April 2021; 3.6 GPA)
Bachelor of Arts – Professional and Creative Writing
AMERICAN WRITERS & ARTISTS INC. – Online
• Verified Copywriter Certification
• Verified Ad Content Copywriter
• Editing Mastery Certification
• SEO Certification