I have an M.A. degree in English Literature from Cambridge University and looking for work in the following areas: Proofreading, Editing, Writing, Photography, Basic Graphic Design, Photo Editing, Teaching.
My CV is as follows:
Ray Paulden M.A.Hons.Cantab.LRPS
Former Professional Photographer/Photojournalist
Telephone: 07956 346 375
Articulate and highly creative, I have owned and run 4 photographic companies over the last 28 years and am now looking for one final career change. I am organised and analytical and have managed small staff teams, set up company admin/computer systems and designed and worked with all aspects of my various companies. I have good communication and teaching skills. I have a Master’s Degree from Cambridge University in English Literature.
• Writing/ Journalism/ Photography
• Proofreading/ Editing
• Photoshop/ Picture Editing
• Admin/ organised/ systematic
• Teaching • Languages: English, French, German WORD/ ACCESS, OUTLOOK, EXCEL, PHOTOSHOP, PIXORT + Typing & Shorthand.
• Analysis/ systems/ problem solving/ decisive, quick-thinking.
Present Researching new career, as photographic industry no longer viable economically.
1992 – Present Professional Photographer
All types of photography, incl. weddings, portraits, events, modelling, commercial.
• As Deputy Editor, launched Incentive Travel & Corporate Meetings magazine.
• Proof read the above magazine.
• I am also a poet.
1992 - Present Professional Photographer
1992 Environmental Policy Consultants: Writer/Conference organiser
Wrote newsletter updating corporate customers re. EU environmental law.
1988 - 1992 IGA Publishing, Fleet Street: Deputy Editor, Proofreader & Photojournalist
• Launched Incentive Travel & Corporate Meetings Magazine as Deputy Editor & Chief Writer.
• Photography for 3 publications: Incentive Travel, Officer Mag., Export Times
Education & Qualifications
? Cambridge University: M.A. & B.A. Hons in English Lit. (+ French module) – 1979 & 1982
? ‘A’ Level English, French, German – Forest Boys Comprehensive, Winnersh, Berkshire
? Pitman’s Typing + Pitman’s Shorthand (120 words per min.)
? LRPS (Royal Photographic Society).
References available on request