Thank you for viewing some of the examples of my work.
I am a highly creative Illustrator, Designer, Author, and Creative Director of Big Concepts. I produce design projects extending to development and marketing strategies for major entertainment brands and Fortune 500 corporations. I am a dependable problem solver and happy to work on a variable flat rate to create impressive illustration, design, and branding for your organization.
- Twenty-six years of design success in publishing print books and ebooks.
- MFA California Institute of the Arts / BFA Honors Art Center College of Design.
- Illustration and photography expert creator.
- Collaborate directly with internal Marketing/Sales/Product Development/ R&D teams.
- Expert level of Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and other programs for print and web.
- Image and word editorial strengths.
- In-depth knowledge of printing and digital standards.
BIG CONCEPTS, INC., http://www.bigconceptsinc.com, Los Angeles, CA 1996 to present
Creative Director, President
• Budget projection and estimation based on resource allocation, creative concepts, and timelines necessary to produce successful brand developments
• Creation of numerous books, websites, and properties of notable size.
• Communicate the plan to innovative team and contractors in the delivery of ongoing projects
• Facilitate the presentation of deliverables to clients (creative concepts, requirements, and methods)
• Provide Leadership to cross-functional teams and work with international clients, executive management, team members on process improvements, and other initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and quality of deliverables.
Recent Project and Design Programs:
HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY
Trend, brand, product, and marketing development; multi-media fashion show; brand style guide development and production catalog materials creation
Lead a team of 17 talented members to produce 100th-year-anniversary marketing and product launch
EMI CAPITOL RECORDS AND AFFILIATE LABELS
Developing and implementing strategies through creative direction, product development, copywriting, high tech consultation, website development and hosting
Providing packaging design, marketing materials, and consultation
DISNEY CONSUMER PRODUCTS WORLDWIDE
Providing Global and Regional cross-functional marketing direction in the development and implementation of products, brand positioning, marketing strategies and merchandising
Providing logo through to final merchandising style guides and toolkits
Properties have included MONSTER’S INC., WINNIE THE POOH, THE MUPPET’S, TINKERBELL, and most classic characters
Logo creation for upcoming entertainment properties “I DREAM OF JEANNIE” and product development in licensing directions for “THE DA VINCI CODE.”
20TH CENTURY FOX
THE SIMPSON’S style guide development, trend direction, and marketing materials
Emphasis on development of hard-line and soft-line products
SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH, line art character development, style guide development, trend direction, and marketing materials
Juvenile and Teen Markets
PINK PANTHER style guide development, trend direction, and marketing materials
Emphasis on development of hard-line and soft-line products, fashions and watches
CASPER THE FRIENDLY GHOST, THE FLINTSTONES, and JURASSIC PARK product and style guide development, trend direction, packaging design, and marketing materials
Retail Stores HOLIDAY MUSIC, POP, SOUL and COUNTRY packaging utilizing MCA UNIVERSAL MUSIC, EMI SPECIAL PRODUCTS, RCA/BMG MUSIC, and SONY RECORDS catalogs
XTAH product line packaging, poster, and ad campaign creative direction and production
DILBECK GMAC REAL ESTATE
Logo, stationery and corporate ID systems, copywriting, press kits, color plans, and style guide
1928 JEWELRY COMPANY
National advertising campaigns, marketing materials and packaging for all product categories