Elaine M. Allegrini
11 Princeton Road
Plymouth MA 02360
1998 - 2010 - The Enterprise, Brockton, staff reporter.
* Research and write stories as assigned.
* Generate story ideas, develop story and follow through to completion with art.
* Daily coverage of towns, city of Brockton, courts, police, features and more.
2002 - Brockton Hospital, Brockton, public relations consultant, annual cancer walk.
* Develop new resources for walkers, sponsors
* Promote event through media, personal appearances
* Coordinate with event staff, volunteers
* Assist press at walk
* Write and send follow-up releases
1998-2001 - Massachusetts State Science Fair, public relations director.
* Develop press contacts for fair coverage.
* Write, distribute press releases.
* Assist press at fair.
* Coordinate with MSSF director.
1990-2001 - The Associated Press, contributing correspondent.
* Report on breaking news, features as assigned or self-generated.
1988-1989 - News/Ink, Plymouth, founding partner.
* Media consultation, event planning, writing, graphics
1986-1988 - The Mariner Newspapers, Marshfield, editor.
* Responsible for identifying and generating content of weekly newspapers.
* Assign, edit stringer work.
* Write news, features, editorials, obituaries.
* Assist with layout, design.
1977-1986 - Old Colony Memorial, Plymouth, reporter.
* Generate, write news, features, columns, editorials.
Graduate. Quincy High School
Seminars, programs, independent study relating to news reporting, ethics, design, layout.
Awards, professional affiliations, community service
New England Association of Associated Press Editors
New England Press Association
National Federation of Press Women
Co-founder of Hanson Business Association
Past president of Massachusetts Media Women
Past member Kingston Emergency Planning Committee
Volunteer youth, school programs