Charlie F. & Rita J. Smith (CharitaSongs) 3021 Tyree Springs Road Hendersonville,Tennessee 37075-8420 585-451-4356 585-978-0335 firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
Objective To make a difference in the world however small or great,and reach people’s hearts and souls with our music in a way that will inspire them and us to reach for a fuller,perhaps even extraordinary life that will realize and manifest true power and grace.
Qualifications Charlie and Rita have been writing songs for about 18 years, 12 of those years together. A highlight of their marriage has been the union of their songwriting passion and abilities. Rita writes lyrics, Charlie writes music. Charlie has written and produced radio and television commercials. He has also assisted in the production of music videos for band promotional work. Charlie co-wrote and recorded a song with his band “The Free Wheelin' Band ”,that captured media attention in New England. The song, 'BIW Blues', is a working man’s blues song about the Union Ship Builders who work at The Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine. Charlie has also written and produced original songs on four other CD’s from 1990 – 2002. He has been performing in country, rock, pop and christian bands for over 40 years, and currently writes and performs with his wife Rita. Rita has been writing music, poetry, and greeting cards for over 30 years but didn't actually consider it a talent to pursue until after her course in writing helped her become more focused on the story and rhythm together, her heart being to make a difference in peoples lives through her words. She has been writing and performing for events such as an annual Traveling Road Show, free concerts, congregational gatherings, and more for many years. Her poetry has received awards and many have been published, and read for live audiences. Her passion for writing lyrics that engage, inspire and move people has allowed for even more opportunities for her and her husband.
Together, they have written and performed numerous songs that resulted in two music CD's. One was produced in 2011, ('Innergized Productions'), and the other was produced in 2014, (“Bands Of Light”). Their song “We’re Never Gonna Give Up” was produced and performed by a non-denominational church in Ohio, that has received both national and international attention. In 2013 Charlie and Rita were invited to perform live on that Internationally known stage and were very thankful for the opportunity to give back in the way they know best,music. They performed their original songs ‘Strong' and 'Precision Decision' which received national and international acclaim with an overwhelming number of people telling them how great an impact these songs made on their hearts and lives.
Education Charlie is a Graduate of Grahm Junior College, in Boston Mass. and earned an Associate of Science Degree in Broadcast Communications. He majored in Radio and Television Production.
Rita is a Graduate of The Institute of Children’s Literature, in West Redding, Conn.,earned her Diploma in 'Writing for Children and Teenagers' and also received her Diploma for The Graduate Course of Study, 'Creating and Selling Short Stories and Articles'. She received strong encouragement to follow her songwriting passion and let music carry her stories. She is also a member of American Writers & Artists Inc (AWAI)
Relevant Experience * They performed in “The Music Show”, which broadcasts weekly in upstate New York on Time Warner Television. It is sponsored and produced by Braselton’s Music Store in Marion, N.Y. * Performed for Braselton’s Music at “Pick-Nic in the Park” at the Marion, N.Y. Town Park. * They wrote and produced a Christian Music CD, “ Innergized Productions“, in 2011.
* Performed weekly at Towpath Café, a coffee house in Fairport, NY. * Performed at Alpha and Omega Parable Christian Store, in Penfield, NY to promote the “Innergized Productions” CD. * Perform their original music weekly at local Christian Fellowships, regularly at friendly gatherings as well as Branch-wide Meetings, and yearly State-wide Meetings. * Performed songs from their debut album at a Jamboree in Ohio following a multi-bus Caravan Trip. * Competed in the Kingdom Bound 2011 Talent Competition. * Various performances at Ramada Inn, Super 8, Holiday Inn, Montebello Ballroom, and The Crowne Plaza Hotel. * Organized and performed original music at Music Festivals, Dances, etc., countywide. * Performed on an internationally known stage for a non-denominational church on September 15, 2013. * Coached artists, wrote, and contributed 2 songs on the collaborative music CD, 'Bands of Light',2014, http://bandsoflight.com/music.html * Rita's Poem Jerry's Rhythm,written in honor of a dear friend who passed away, was chosen to be published in The Top 100 Poems of 2015 by Poetry First Publishing, International. http://www.songwritingopportunities.com/top100_poems_poetry_LC.html
Volunteer Experience Hope Hospitality Lodge, Hill Haven Nursing Home, St. Anne’s Community Center at Cherry Ridge, in Rochester, New York.
Current Projects * They are writing music for an upcoming CD project of their own. * Rita is writing poetry and greeting cards * Featured Christian Songwriting Bloggers on “Live2Playworship' http://live2playworship.com/bloggers
* Members of ASCAP,American Writer's & Artists, Inc, Rochester Movie Makers, Rochester Music Coalition, Christian Songwriters Network, Indiependence Music Network, Broadjam, CD Baby, and MusicXray.
Music Availability * A music video from “The Music Show” featuring “Innergized Productions” is available to watch on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Adxzi_KehQ
* The Books of The Bible” song is available to watch on YouTube, https ://www.youtube.com/watch? v=RVrMP-b4YYw
* Music written and produced by Charlie F. and Rita J. Smith is available to audition on Soundcloud, https://soundcloud.com/cha rles-f-smith
* Their single “God Is Gracious” is available to purchase on iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/god-is-gracious-single/id449759484
* A recent inspirational country song, “Look At Me Look At You”, can be heard on YouTube at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXVYqdhiaxc