Home: (86) 8573 7335
To find a position as an administrative/training consultant, utilizing strong multi-cultural and organizational skills.
SKILLS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Certified by the University of Cambridge in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
• Certified by Motorola University (Beijing) to teach Performance Oriented English (P.O.E.) since October 97, as well as Advanced Business English with an emphasis on writing business letters, reports, and proposals
• 20 years overall English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching experience, with an 13-year focus on teaching Business English related skills
• Twenty three years of Mandarin Chinese study, both oral and written skills
• Extensive cross-cultural communication/interpersonal skills due to 13 years of living/working experience in China
• Skilled in using the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint
• Strong, self-taught knowledge base of computer networking, with particular emphasis on Microsoft Windows Networks
April 2009 – Present Business English Instructor/Editor
21st Floor, West Tower, Twin Towers
B-12 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue
Chao Yang District, Beijing 100022, PRC
? In charge of the entire business English program for LGE, including teaching all classes at all levels
? Organized and conducted daily Business English Corner in which participants analyzed and discussed business related case studies
? Responsible for editing internal documents produced by the HR department written in English, which included some translation work (Chinese to English)
April 2006 – April 2009 VIP Instructor
Wall Street Institute (Wang Fu Jing, Oriental Plaza)
Level 2, Tower W2, Oriental Plaza, No 1 East Chang An Avenue
Dong Cheng District, Beijing, 100738
? Responsible for teaching all classes in the VIP section, tutoring and assisting clients in the Wall Street Institute.
October 2004 – April 2006 Academic/Corporate Language Instructor
London Chamber of Commerce Industry Board Examinations (LCCIEB)
Zhao Jia Bang Lu, No. 108, 4th Floor
? Assigned to Shanghai Jiao Tong University to teach “English for Business” test preparation courses to MBA candidates, with a focus on writing and formatting of business letters, reports, and other related documents
? Provided corporate language training at Hewlett-Packard (Shanghai) to software engineers, with a focus on oral language skills in giving presentations, conducting negotiations in meetings, and other related skills
November 2002 – October 2004 Independent Training Consultant (Self Employed)
? Provided business English training services to corporate clients on a contractual basis. Clients include: Cisco Systems, Synopsys (Software), Siemans, Johnson & Johnson (Medical), SPX-Filtran, BAX Global, and Hines Reality
September 1997 – November 2002 P.O.E. INSTRUCTOR
Motorola University (Beijing)
No.2 Dong San Huan Nan Lu
Chao Yang Qu
•Instructed qualified participants of the Performance Oriented English program in Motorola University; focused on language required for office related skills, telephoning, meetings/conferences, presentations, etc.
• Trained new instructors and familiarized them with the P.O.E. program
• Administered level tests to determine curriculum placement for course participants
• Revised and updated course material when necessary
• Have taught over 75 of these classes, with an average enrollment per class of 7 –8 students in the past 5 years
November1998 – May 2000 BUSINESS ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR
Novartis Pharmaceutical Ltd. (Beijing)
14th/F, China World Tower 2,
No.1 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue,
Beijing 100004, P.R. China
• Taught the Oxford University texts, Advanced Business English to 2 separate internal departments, the medical department and the business development department, with emphasis on teaching how to conduct formal meetings, give professional presentations, telephoning skills and business writing
• Was retained by the business development department after the end of the contractual period to teach Advanced Business Writing, emphasizing memorandums, business letters, proposals, and reports
Queens College, City University of New York
Flushing, New York B.A.
Major: EAST ASIAN STUDIES with a strong background in economics and political science.
Language Link China Trade Center
Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers or Other Languages (CELTA), August 26, 2005.
Computers: building and configuring computer systems, Microsoft Windows network administration.