Technical Writer/Copy Writer
Freelance Web Content Writer (02/11-present): ODesk.com
Documentation Writer (04/11 – present): American Red Cross of Greater Idaho, Idaho, US.
Technical Writer (12/09 – 10/10): International Professor’s Project, Vermont, US.
• Editing, rewriting, and proofreading the specification’s manual for IPP website
Educational Writer (09/09 - 11/09): Free World U, CA, US.
• Wrote exam materials and questions in English subject for grade 3, 8, 9, and 10
• Checked the style of the questions in accordance with the standards of the organization
Grant Writer (07/09 - 09/09): James Madison University, Virginia, US.
• Researched, re-written, documented, and edited grant proposal
Grant Writer (05/09 - 07/09): God Uncomplicated, Utah, US.
• Researched, analyzed, wrote, and edited grant proposal
Technical Writer (3/08 – 04/08): SL Spence Consulting, Colorado, US.
• Developed, formatted, edited, and tested online instructions manual
Technical Documentation Internship (12/08 – 07/08): American Red Cross, Illinois, US.
• Edited the online tutorials of Sales Logix in PowerPoint
• Video edited online tutorials of Client resource management in Camtasia Studio
Copy Editor/Proof Reader (07/05 – 02/06): Thomson Digital, Noida, India.
• Structured the online raw manuscripts of the articles
• Edited hard copy articles from clients like John Wiley and Elsevier
• Proof read all the articles
English Teacher (07/03 – 02/04): Ghaziabad, India.
English Teacher (07/01 - 04/02): Ghaziabad, India.
• Graphic Designing –Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Corel Draw, and Adobe Illustrator
• Internet research
• SnagIt 9
• Camtasia Studio 6
• MS Office 2007
• Desktop Publishing –Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Frame Maker 7.0, MS Word, and PageMaker
• Took Technical writing classes at Metropolitan community college, Omaha, US, 2010
• Ph.D. English literature from Gurukul kangri University, Hardwar, India, 2005
• M A. English literature (Gold Medal) from Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, India, 2001
• B.A. English literature from Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, India, 1999
• Strong Copy-editing and Proof-reading skills
• Excellent document designing skills
• Familiarity with both UK and US English
• Familiarity with the MLA and APA style guides
• Attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills