I have just completed my level 9 Masters Thesis after two years of studying evenings and weekends. I began the “Masters in Business Marketing and Management Strategy” studies directly after completing a four year, Level 8 Degree in “Bachelor of Business Studies & Marketing” part-time. I have completed six consecutive years of full-time work combined with evening and weekend studies. I am now seeking employment to practice my academic skills set.
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and disciplined
• Reliable and extremely hard working,
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
• Flexible within the working environment and able to adapt quickly and positively,
• Mature with an outgoing, friendly personality.
Market Research Skills:
Company Duration Project Title
Shannon Airport November 2014 – February 2015 Researcher & Marketing Communications Specialist
• As part of a team, we identified all marketing communication tools used by Shannon airport & conducted content analysis of these messages being communicated.
• Planned and conducted primary research on people’s opinions of Shannon airport, based on the communication tools identified, compared to other Irish airports.
• Submitted a 3,000 word report and a final presentation to the client.
Adams of Glin February 2015–April 2015 Specialist Marketing Communications Colloquium
• Individually, I analysed one marketing communication tool utilised by an organisation and conducted an in-depth review on the benefits of the tool and the full planning process to effectively implement the tool for effective marketing communications.
• Submitted a 5,000 word report on my findings
• 30 minute presentation.
• As a team, we ran the event and organised the scheduling of talks for the day.
Lily fashion store October 2015 – December 2015
• Analysed the fashion industry in Ireland including, key drivers of change, megatrends, inflection points and weak signals of the industry.
• Reviewed Lily’s direct and indirect competitors in the market.
• Developed a customer profile of the typical Lily customer and conducted primary research to investigate their awareness of the Lily brand and what their current spend on fashion is.
• Submitted a 5,500 word report outlining an appropriate marketing strategy with particular focus on social media and the company website.
• Conducted a 30 minute presentation of the Marketing Strategy through two Story Boards to the client.
Mid-West Simon Community January 2016 – March 2016 Marketing Advisor
• As part of a team, we conducted a strategic review of the organisation
• Performed a Brand Association Audit
• Developed a new corporate fundraising strategy & two 12 month calendar for promotional and task management activities, with the goal of growing corporate donations to €80,000
• Conducted a 20 minute presentation on findings to the client.
Corbally Cappamore Pharmacy April 2016 – May 2016 Marketing Advisor
• Conducted an audit of the current pharmacy and healthcare market including any potential developments likely within the industry and customer segment data.
• Reviewed the company’s existing online presence.
• Researched suitable content and suitable practices for social media campaigns for pharmacy businesses.
• Performed a mystery shopper report.
• Completed a 4,000 word report including suggestions on how the company can capitalize on strengths and improve on weaknesses.
• Researched and suggested the most appropriate customer loyalty schemes for pharmacy businesses in Ireland today.
Company Duration Position Held Referees
Adams of Glin August 2013 – Present Accounts Receivable/ Receptionist/ Administration
• Interacting with customers and clients, communicating and coordinating with creditors and debtors.
• Answering all incoming calls / emails and re-routing them to relevant parties.
• Actively greeting customers and maintaining a level of conversation during their visit
• Dealing with all enquiries at the reception
• Data entry onto internal systems
• Balancing books
• Arranging month end invoices and statements
• Reconciling till accounts at month end
• Adhere to the need for strict confidentiality
Brown Thomas July 2006 - March 2008 Sales Assistant Jane Miller
• Interacting with customers and clients, communicating and coordinating with Karen Millen stores nationwide.
• Internal stock auditing and pricing.
• Running daily cash reports, weekly and monthly trade reporting.
• Merchandising manager – setting up shop displays, re-designing floor plan, in-store advertising campaigns, new season marketing.
• Fashion Shows – assisted with styling and coordinating trends to be modelled.
Falcon Ace Travel May 2012 – Sept 2012
Administration Assistant Linda McNamara
• Communicating and interacting with clients via telephone, email and in person.
• Administrating holiday payments – processing cash and invoices, filing, balancing accounts.
• Worked with Laser and View data computer systems.
Dooradoyle Limerick March 2008 – March 2013 Child-Carer Lynn Shanahan
• Meeting and greeting parents, children and visitors to the centre.
• Caring for children from infant to age 12 – catering for each child’s needs and routine on a daily basis.
• Processing cash payments.
College Duration Qualification Course
Limerick Institute of Technology 2014 - 2016 MA Masters Business in Marketing & Management Strategy
NUI Dublin (IPA) 2010-2014 Higher Degree Business Studies and Marketing
Griffith College Limerick
2008-2009 Diploma Marketing, Sales, Advertising & Public Relations
HSI Limerick 2007-2008 Certificate ECDL
• Managed weekly & monthly trade reports,
• Met targets consistently,
• Managed merchandising in-store,
• Performed on an interviewing panel,
• Assisted in the raising of over €45,000 for Niall Mellon charity over past 8 years
• Voted Class Captain in school by my peers and teaching faculty,
• Full, clean drivers licence,
• Participated in ‘Lady of the Erne’ pageant 2006,
• Won ‘best-dressed’ at event.