Systems Support Technician
Corona, CA 92881
email@example.com - (951) 808-8626
A professional IT Technician with broad-based experience in diverse business environments. Committed to a logical, analytical planning process leading to sustainable, profitable results. Expertise in computer desktops and laptops, operating systems, Microsoft Office products, printing and plotting devices, network management, video conferencing, presentation support, and customer service. An effective member and team player with a creative and energetic style, and a proven success record in technical problem solving.
Creative Business Technologies - Corona, CA - March 2011 to Present
Performed computer and sales related duties to assist clients with their computer needs
• Presented IT services to prospects at various business networking groups in the Inland Empire and No. Orange County areas.
• Facilitated appointments with prospects that resulted in their becoming new clients for the company.
• Assisted other IT personnel in the company with PC troubleshooting, recommendations on purchase of new equipment, and other computer related duties.
• Performed Help Desk duties in ascertaining various computer issues from clients and assigning service calls to the technicians on duty.
Volunteer Computer Technician
Experience Unlimited - Volunteer Job Search Club for Experienced Professionals - Corona, CA - June 2010 to Present
Performed computer related duties to assist the group in their search for employment.
• Facilitated Job Search Techniques Workshop in the Corona EDD to assist displaced workers in locating positions that fit their expertise and job qualifications.
• Assisted on the production of materials for Beginner Level Word Classes that will be held at the Corona EDD.
• Tested the new Employers Advisory Council Website for the Inland Empire for continuity and functionality.
• Provided technical advice and recommendations on various projects within the Experience Unlimited Computer Department.
Systems Support Technician
RBF Consulting, Inc - Irvine, CA - June 1995 to May 2010
One of the most prestigious Civil Engineering firms in the Orange County area. Annual Sales 5-10 M.
Performed multiple functions that enhanced the overall profitability of the company including computer hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, upgrades and repairs. Also, facilitated video conferences,webinars, classroom setup, and presentation support. Analyzed and escalated printer and plotters repairs as necessary and performed basic maintenance.
• Reduced costs for the company by the installation and tear down for numerous video conferences for corporate management, various departments, and third party clients that saved the company hundreds to thousands of dollars in airfares, hotel accommodations, and meals.
• Increased productivity for the departments in the company by organizing and facilitating multiple setups of presentation equipment each week that assisted management for both in-house and off-site meetings.
• Improved the quality of work within the company by reduced downtime and increased productivity by supporting as many 300 plus users.
• Assisted in improved training by the organizing, setup, and implementation of classes for various software packages for staff members within the company.
• Saved time and raised efficiencies by the installation and configuration of numerous desktop and laptop computers for in-house staff members.
Multiple Certifications in Word, Excel, , , Photoshop, etc
New Horizons Computer Learning Center - Anaheim, CA
January 2001 to January 2003
Associate in Computer Information Systems
Chaffey College - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cloud Essentials CompTIA Certification - in progress
E-Learning Center - Tyler, TX
• Configure Hardware and Software
• Software Installation and Testing
• Troubleshoot Hardware and Software
• Upgrade Hardware and Components
• Video Conferencing
• Presentation Support
• Network Management
• In-house Class Organization and Support
• Customer Service
• Effective Communication Skills
• Vendor Facilitation
• Hardware Inventory
• Microsoft Office 365 • Microsoft Office 2013
• Windows 7 • Windows 10
• Windows 8.1
• Adobe Acrobat