1547 Kalaniwai Pl
Honolulu, HI 96821
(p) (808) 223-8925 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasoned manager with a proven background in broadcast production, marketing communications, and media relations. Award-winning communications professional with 15 years of experience leading corporate communications and public relations teams for government agencies and privately held companies.
- Effective Communications
- Creative Team Leadership
- Product Development & Branding
- Special Event Planning
- Broadcast Production ? Business Acumen
- Sales Collateral & Support
- Media Relations Training
- New Product Launch
- Annual Report Production
SwitchMedia, Harmon, GU Oct 2003 — Nov 2010
Public Relations & Marketing Communications Specialist
• Provides integrated marketing and media development, corporate communications, broadcast production, and public relations expertise to clients. Specializes in Annual Reports, Newsletters, Websites and Collateral material. Offering key strengths in Media Relations, Creative Writing, Product Development, Branding, Video Scripting & Production, Annual Reports, Logo & Graphic Design, Media Presentations, Speech Writing, Crisis communications.
• Established and maintained successful accounts: Guam International Airport, American Red Cross, Guam Chapter, U.S. Coast Guard & Guam Police, AquaQuest, Interspace Airport Advertising, Enron Guam, Mixed Boutique, Island Goods, Chaido’s Pastries, Paradise Fitness, Greenlight Media, Guam Beauty Organization, Miss Earth Guam.
TRS Guam (Prada), Harmon, GU Oct 2003 – Oct 2004
• Assists the Merchandise & Retail Manager in the daily operations of the Prada boutiques in Guam and Saipan. Manages the daily replenishment for the boutiques, as well as the VIP customer relations and after sales services program.
KUAM News 8, Harmon, GU Jun 2000—Oct 2002
Anchor/Reporter/Producer (KUAM News Primetime 6pm)
• Weekday news anchor for dominant news team. Specializes in investigative reports focusing on military and governmental affairs, political assignments and business beat. Exhibits strong on-air presentation and newsroom leadership skills, evaluates news leads and tips to develop compelling stories; gathers and verifies factual information regarding articles through interviews, observation and research. Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Exposed largest gambling casino ring, prompting island-wide probe into the Government’s alleged involvement; $125,000 in gambling ************* seized by FBI.
Guam Int’l Airport, Tamuning, GU Jan 1997—Apr 2000
Communications Manager / Public Information Officer
• Develops and administers comprehensive public relations and marketing programs, serving as lead spokesperson for the authority, maintaining all aspects of internal and external communications to include crisis communications plans, media events, press junctions, community outreach and external relations. Responsible for dissemination of information to local, national, and international media, in-house production of newsletters, press releases, presentations, position papers, talking points, speeches and crafting testimonials.
• Garnered Excellence in Communications Award bestowed by Airports Councils North America, Annual Report category. Ranking Top 3 out of 250 Airport Marketing & Annual Reports.
• Served as Lead spokesperson during KAL 801 Air Tragedy, handling excess of 500 National and International interviews.
KUAM News 8, Harmon, GU Nov 1992 – Oct 1998
Anchor / Producer (Late Live Newscast 10 pm)
• Sole Anchor of Late Live news. Manages entire newscast providing comprehensive update on the day’s news, supervising production and reporting staff while coordinating compilation for pre-recorded morning news updates.
Guam Cable News, Agana, GU Jun 1992 – May 1995
Anchor / Reporter / Producer
• Weekend Anchor and Weekday Producer/Reporter, supervised 4 reporters, 4 photographers, and 3 interns. Responsible for overall news content, media inserts, and broadcast production. Co-host of Cutting Edge, a weekly sponsored segment.
Triton’s Call, University of Guam, Mangilao, GU Jun 1992 – Jun 1993
• Promoted from Investigative Reporter to Asst. Editor of University Newspaper. Responsible for layout, production, story assignment, copy editing. Supervised staff of 5 reporters, 2 photographers, and 1 graphic artist.
Duty Free Shoppers MidPacific, Tamuning, GU Dec 1992 – Oct 1994
• Provided administrative support for buyer and assistant buyer in managing all areas of assigned category in order to achieve established financial objectives. Analyzed daily sales, inventory levels and receipts, including distribution and transfer of stock to ensure proper stock flow and adequate inventory levels of all store and warehouse locations
• Conducted store visits and vendor meetings to ensure successful execution of category strategies and provided direction to store personnel on agreed action points
• Conducted competition visits regularly to maintain product differentiation and competitive pricing. Prepared monthly buy cycle, sales and inventory reports as needed (daily/weekly/monthly/annual) provided training and direction in all areas of the buying office managed the accuracy of purchase order records and SKU database.
Guam Hilton Resort & Spa, Tumon, GU Jun 1990 – Jun 1992
Public Relations Assistant
• Oversees coordination, planning, and implementation of in-house public relations programs, sales and marketing promotions, design, layout, and distribution of in-house newsletters, brochures, including media and informational kits.
• Functions as PR Assistant to the Public Relations and Sales Manager. Prepares press releases, newsletter copy, position papers and key talking points. Coordinates press conferences, press junkets, VIP conferences and disseminates information to media and management and staff. Responsible for coordination and dissemination of internal and external communications.
Holiday Inn of Alamosa, Alamosa, CO Aug 1987 – Dec 1989
• Responsible for reconciling hotel paperwork, posting to guest accounts, closing the day, greeting all guests in a pleasant, courteous and enthusiastic manner while registering guest information and settling guest accounts for the Hotel.
Guam Hilton Resort & Spa, Tumon, GU Mar 1986 – Jul 1987
Front Desk Clerk
• Responsible for coordinating front desk operations, ensuring timely check-in of hotel guests, groups and local guests. Maintains customer folio database for in-room guest accounts, hotel venue charges, and amenities. Coordinates with housekeeping, accounting, room service and recreation departments for timely reconciliation of customer accounts.
• Certification, Digital Production (Final Cut Pro) - USC School of Film & TV 2002
• B.A., Communications, University of Guam, 1995 (Minor in Marketing & English)
• GE Requirements, Adams State College, Alamosa CO 1989
• MSOffice (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access); Final Cut Pro; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Premiere); QuarkXPress; Social Media (Youtube, Twitter, FB, Tumblr)
References - available upon request