• Performance-driven, results oriented advertising/marketing professional with 25+ years of continuous advancement and expertise in print production and graphic design.
• Proactive self-starter, highly creative, problem solver, innovative, able to judge and analyze situations and a proven track record of making things happen.
• Strong, supportive mentor and motivator of the creative process; comfortable working and presenting to clients, building strong client relationships.
• Passionate and dependable about the work, technology and growth with a proven track record in improving workflows, efficiencies and new procedures resulting in reduced costs and time.
• Skilled interpersonal communicator and negotiator; successfully negotiates vendor contracts and interacts with all levels of associates/management within an organization.
Principal & Creative Director, PQR Designs, Leesburg/FL 10/2008 – Present
Business owner of small design studio targeting small to medium sized businesses.
• Providing quality + highly effective creative services including: Graphic Design (print and web), Branding and marketing communications.
• Building brand identity campaigns for current clients and maintaining websites and social media and marketing programs.
Design Director, Hernando Star Magazine, Brooksville/FL 10/2013 – 05/2014
Design bi-monthly community publication…website design and maintenance.
• Design 40 page print publication, including advertisements.
• Designed website and brand identity campaigns. Maintain website and social media and marketing programs.
Marketing Production Manager, Bonefish Grill, Tampa/FL 5/2007 – 10/2008
Responsible for marketing production and design of all marketing materials including, direct mail, FSIs, in-store promotions, collateral and menus for 153 restaurants.
• Graphic Design:
Designed advertisements, FSIs, Direct Mail, in-store collateral and product give-aways, brochures, press-kit folders, menus, banners and emails.
Designed new menu and wrote product copy for main, specials menus, Gluten-Free and Braille.
• Marketing Production:
Schedules/Budgets: Created and revised timelines and budgets for all projects communicating status to agency and internal departments. Updated the Annual Marketing Flowchart to reflect actual costs and schedules.
Created and maintained Production process through completion including design, vendor contact, quality control from proofing to press checks. Reconciled all jobs for accounting.
Quality Control: Attended all press checks, prepped files for print, proofread all materials.
Account Management: Handled store’s issues as they relate to marketing and menus. Created a turnkey New Store Opening process, updated and maintained storelist offline and online with (CMS).
Vendor Relations: Selected vendors to fit each project. Prepared print specifications, RFQ’s and quantity/version grids; prepared vendor cost spreadsheets for vendor selection. Reconciled invoices against quotes to update Marketing Flowchart.
• Menus: Main, To Go, Gluten-Free–Created and managed the entire menu process of 107 versions.
Communicated revisions to vendor, updated spreadsheet for all changes, proofread all revisions.
Maintained menu inventory levels for all stores ensuring they receive accurate amounts.
Managed inventory of shells for Main menus, inventory of Kid’s Books and to go menus.
Provided reports to Operations, Finance and R&D communicating current pricing, versions and revisions.
• Project managed all phases of website redesign working with vendor on design, content and scheduling to meet quarterly updates.
Previewed staging site and communicated changes as needed.
Maintained site revisions on a daily basis.
Account Executive, Creative Direct Marketing Group, Inc., Torrance/CA 6/2004 – 6/2006
Responsible for successful execution of targeted marketing campaigns, direct mail and ecommerce.
• Schedules/Budgets: Created and revised timelines and budgets for all projects communicating status to clients; conducted weekly status production meetings with Account Services, Production, Creative, List Management and Accounting.
• Project Management: Managed workflow and amount of overall workload on projects daily/weekly to ensure that deadlines were met. Hired and trained freelance staff as needed to meet project requirements.
• Acted as the liaison between Creative, Editorial, Copy Editing, List Management and Production teams ensuring projects met client specifications on time and budget. Maintained project management software (AdTrak).
• Print Vendor Relations: Prepared print specifications, RFQ’s and quantity/version grids; prepared vendor cost spreadsheets for vendor selection. Attended press checks.
• Quality Control: Resolved prepress issues by reviewing all final art files prior to release to the printer Reviewed printer proofs ensuring accuracy of final piece; checked all links within websites and email blasts prior to live dates.
• Account Management: Managed overall client satisfaction and relationships providing strategic account guidance. Partnered with List Management and creative in designing and executing test objectives, scenarios and analysis aimed at increasing client response and revenue.
Account Manager, Baker Brand Communications, Santa Monica/CA 5/2000 – 7/2003
Managed agency projects from inception to completion including: annual reports, both print and web versions, branding and identity systems, print collateral, website design and PowerPoint decks.
• Trafficked projects through internal creative departments and vendors from inception to completion.
• Prepared and maintained project schedules, budgets and databases. Maintain client and vendor relations, troubleshoot and negotiate contracts based on customer’s budgets.
• Prepare proposals and Creative Briefs for initial bids, collaborating with sales, marketing and design addressing customer needs.
• Proofread, copy edited and tracked revisions for billing purposes.
• Assure consistent high quality by editing all rounds of color corrections and attending press checks.
Creative Director, Medical World Communications, Los Angeles/CA 7/1999 – 1/2000
Directed the operations for fourteen medical trade publications. Supervised seven art directors and art directed one monthly tabloid publication.
• Facilitated magazine prepress transition to computer-to-plate.
• Prepared and maintained production schedules, monthly budgets and department procedures.
• Negotiated contracts with outside vendors including printers, prepress, photographers and artists.
• Copy edited features and departments.
Production Director, Bobit Business Media, Torrance/CA 9/1988 – 7/1999
Directed entire manufacturing process of 20 trade publications. Supervised a staff of eleven.
• Prepared/ maintained production schedules for the editorial, production, sales and graphics departments.
• Ensured quality and design consistency while maintaining costs in all phases of production and graphics.
• Negotiated printer, prepress and paper contracts. Maintained all outside vendor relations for current magazines, startups, acquisitions and internal marketing and promotional projects.
• Streamlined procedures as dictated by industry trends and internal workflows.
• Prepared marketing, manufacturing cost analysis and monthly budgets for magazine publishers. Tracked all outside vendor costs, compared monthly budget reports and made recommendations for savings. Managed monthly paper inventory for contracted printers.
• Operating systems - Mac OS, Windows
• Expert: Adobe CC, Microsoft Office, Wordpress
• BFA, Printmaking and Graphic Design, University of Massachusetts (Amherst)
• Pamela Reitmeier | 412 Hartford Court | Spring Hill, FL
• Phone: 813-731-3646 | Email: email@example.com | Portfolio Site: pqrdesigns.net