Leanna M. Faulkner
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV Graduated May 2014
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Major in Business Management, HRM emphasis
Penn Foster Career School
Currently working towards a diploma in Legal Transcription Expected End Date: October 2016
Carmeuse Lime & Stone, Maysville, KY August 2015-Present
Administrative Assistant II
• Ensure all contractors, truck drivers, and site visitors receive the required site training as specified by MSHA.
• Receptionist, administrative and clerical office duties. Maintain an organized office environment. Program, maintain, troubleshoot telephone system and perform other administrative and clerical functions as needed. Communicate effectively with and work well with other employees.
• Recruit for open positions, such as Plant Financial Controller, Mine Engineer, Plant Production Supervisor, Electrician, and Laborer, using Indeed, Linkedin, and/or personal contacts
• Conduct phone screens for applicants
• Interact with customers and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction; process reports, customer orders, employee rock sales, truck cards, invoices, billing adjustments, month-end, debits, credits, data entry into SAP and troubleshoot truck weigh scale system (APEX).
• Provides weekly cost information and production/sales information to the plant.
• Completes site specific training for truck drivers, visitors, and contractors.
• Assist with weekly and month financial updates and reports, as well as daily operating reports using Excel
• Write routine reports and correspondence to effectively present information and respond to questions from personnel as required.
• Maintain acceptable inventory levels for basic office supplies
• Process all uniform changes and stay updated on how the changes affect employee payroll deductions
• Assist with annual benefit open enrollment
• Participate in community events that the company takes part in
• Conduct drug screens as needed.
• Coordinate wellness activities and drive employee interest in wellness programs
DISH Network, Bluefield, WV June 2014-June 2015
Human Resources Associate
• Work with fellow HR employees and Operations business partners to meet recruiting needs for the site
• Utilize iCims ATS to manage applications and the movement of applicants through the hiring process
• Plan and execute both on-site and off-site job fairs to boost application pipeline
• Conduct phone screens
• Process all pre-employment background and drug tests, as well as random drug tests to ensure compliance with all state and federal laws.
• Administer benefit presentations to new hire classes
• Prepare packets for unemployment cases and schedule phone hearings for cases that are appealed
• Administer assessments to both internal and external applicants
• Process all terminations and resignations to stay up to date on attrition rates
• Complete I-9 verifications for new hires
• Review and sign off on all corrective action documents
• Utilized Oracle for employee and applicant data entry
• Greet and assist all applicants
• General office work as needed (answering phones, scheduling appointments, filing)
AmeriCorps Energy Express, Morgantown, WV June 2013-August 2013
• Trained, recruited and supervised volunteers
• Planned and assisted in service projects
• Networked with local organizations
• Publicized Energy Express Events
Daisey Reporting Services, Princeton, WV April 2008-August 2010
• Answered phones and scheduled depositions
• Typed and proofread legal transcripts
• Maintained filing system
• Written and oral communications
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Able to perform in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Little supervision needed
• Extensive Experience with Oracle
• Experience with SAP