With more than 9 years experience managing and writing bid responses for RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and IFBs, I write winning proposals to a variety of organizations, including Fortune 100 Companies, Fortune 500 Companies, Fortune 1000 Companies and city, state and federal government entities.
My focus is creating compliant and responsive proposals that not only meet the customer’s requirements, but also address their goals, issues, needs, implied, and underlying concerns.
I manage the entire process from beginning to end: creating a proposal responsibility matrix, proposal outline, style sheet, proposal/response template, compliance matrix, response matrix, content plan, executive summary, proposal plan, drafting/editing/finalizing responses, and Best and Final Offer (BAFO).
When you hire me, you receive a response document that is not only tailored to your company’s solution and branding but also easy-to-read and visually appealing.
Your response document will always include a cover page, table of contents, and cover/transmittal letter; however, depending on the customer’s requirements, it may also include an executive summary, solution overview, response matrix, and completion of required forms. Additionally, it may include graphics, infographics, charts and tables to further enhance your offer.
In addition, I will help you strategize to craft strategy and win themes, value propositions and theme statements that clearly differentiates your offering from other bidders.
I will also draft clarification questions prior to the question deadline to gain clarity on vague requirements, specifications, terms and pricing elements.
If you have a need, I assist with building & managing content, tracking contract win/losses/disqualification, and creating follow-up presentations.
Areas of Expertise
Proposal Development and Coordination ? RFP Database Content Management ? Proofreading and Editing ? Sales and Marketing Support ? Executive Administrative Support ? Research and Reporting ? Accounts Payable/Receivable ? Payroll Processing
Summary of Qualifications
• Professional Writing Experience: Over 9 years of demonstrated professional experience writing proposals, Request For Proposals, Request For Quotes, etc. to a variety of organizations, including Fortune 100 Companies, Fortune 500 Companies, Fortune 1000 Companies and City, State & Federal Government entities.
• Proposal Coordinator & Management Skills: Over 9 years of experience in proposal development including maintaining schedules, organizing resources, coordinating reviews, ensuring compliance, resolving internal team issues, and leading the proposal process to ensure everything is completed on schedule.
• Proposal Desktop Publishing Skills: Over 9 years of experience designing, formatting, and producing proposal templates, documents, and related materials.
• Proposal Editing Skills: Over 9 years experience editing proposals for grammar, punctuation, capitalization, clarity, readability, consistency, and persuasiveness.
• Knowledge Management Skills: Over 9 years experience creating, capturing and maintaining reusable content for knowledge database.
• Communication Skills: Able to work and communicate effectively with proposal team member, Subject Matter Experts, and Partners in both written and verbal formats.
• Professional Skills: Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player possessing problem solving and conflict resolution skills, focused on quality and proficient in virtual work.
• Organizational Skills: Experienced project manager possessing the ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete multiple tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner while managing multiple activities and meeting established goals in a deadline-drive environment.
• Excellent Computer Skills: Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, Proficiency with SharePoint and Salesforce CRM.
2006 - Present West Unified Communications Services, Inc. LaGrange, GA
Senior RFP Coordinator
• Lead RFP Coordinator for RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs including planning, scheduling, writing, editing and production.
• Consistently delivering high quality, concise documents, on time despite working under tight time constraints.
• Collaborate and interact with a wide range of internal SMEs from all departments.
• Organizes and leads Kick-Off calls, team reviews, and follow-up calls.
• Proficient with various online bid systems, including Ariba, Strongbow, Telwares, AuctionIQ, and others.
• Helped drive team initiative to revamp the RFP Process and associated workflows. Created and initiated common policies and procedures for all team members to follow. Led training sessions for various team members regarding the new RFP Process and workflows.
• Created and managed style sheets and document templates to ensure our documents are consistent with Marketing’s approved branding and styles. Led training sessions for various team members regarding the use of the new branding, Word styles, templates and formatting.
• Initiated and managed the redesign, restructure and updating of Qvidian content library to increase usability and relevancy. Lead training sessions for various team members regarding the use of the new library.
• Maintains and continuously improves content library to ensure accuracy of responses and maintain consistent branding. Lead training sessions for various team members regarding content management.
• Architected Proposals and RFP Builds in Qvidian Proposal Automation.
• Re-focused efforts to create customer-centric documents that focus on the customer’s needs and wants rather than using generic marketing slicks and boilerplate sales material.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and lead multiple projects concurrently and excel in a high-stress, fast-paced, and deadline driven environment.
2001 - 2006 Fitch Brothers Transportation, Inc. Lanett, Alabama
• Delivered & managed on-site support to staff and drivers
• Tracked, filed, and viewed important documents, receipts, applications, database information, and invoices on a daily basis, organizing and managing sensitive files in an efficient manner
• Maintained client and vendor records and related information, entering results into each respective database while auditing for accuracy and completion
• Collaborated in the execution of various HR and accounting aspects, including accounts payable and receivable, ledger and account management, budget control, payroll, billing, deposits, reconciliations, and related functions
• Ordered and maintained inventories of materials, supplies, and related items to minimize disruptions and inefficiencies
• Acted as a liaison between organizations, corporations, vendors, and clients to ensure effective information flow, exceptional customer service, sales opportunity development, and timely issue resolution
• Assisted vice president and president with managing day-to-day operations