Mohamed A. Farag
Senior Architect, looking for new opportunities to leverage my 25+ years’ experience in detailed design and tender drawings for various types of buildings, with exceptional experience in projects of Gulf countries.
? Professional Architect Since 1987, with a successful long experience in consultancy firms.
? Basic function & principles:
- Develops concept design drawings to detailed design drawings, issued for tender/construction.
- Identify project scope & execution plan along different project stages.
- Establish project budget and monitor work progress.
- Maintain quality assurance to meet/exceed client and office satisfaction.
- Evaluate project progress to meet project schedule.
- Coordinate with engineering disciplines for incorporating their technical requirements.
- Supervise developing CAD drawings to meet quality assurance standards.
? Projects include almost all buildings types: Educational, Health Care, Residential Compounds, and Office Buildings.
? In depth experience in projects and codes of GCC (Gulf Cooperation council) specially KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
? Excellent communication , leadership and coordination Skills
? Intimate knowledge of architectural codes (NFPA 101, IBC&ADA).
? I have Green Card for US full residence.
Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
BSc of Architect, Graduated 1987
2012- Current Zuhair Fayez Partnership, Cairo,, Egypt
Zuhair Fayez Partnership (ZFP) is one of the leading and most established Architectural, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management and Engineering Information System Consultancy Firms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with over 40 years of professional experience in the local, regional, and international market
o Architectural Section Head
Manages the process of translating the approved design concepts into technically feasible solutions and ensures that all the architects are performing the detailed design drawings according to design specifications for each project component using CAD/BIM technology and depending on the architecture design, standards, codes, techniques and practices.
o Senior Architect
Leading architectural staff to develop concept design to produce construction / tender architectural packages for various project types.
- American International School of Jeddah – KSA (44500 sq. m. /480,000 sq. ft.)
- 350 Bed Hospital – Ministry of Interior – KSA (142,200 sq. m. / 1,530,000 sq. ft.)
- Housing Complex - King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center-KSA
2010 –2012 Distance Studio Consultants (DSC), Cairo,, Egypt
Distance Studio Consultants is a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm. DSC has delivered the full spectrum of services from concept development to construction supervision, for various types of projects.
o Head of Architects.
Leading architectural staff to develop concept design to produce construction / tender architectural packages for various residential and offices buildings in KSA and Egypt.
2008 – 2010 Dimension Engineering Consultants (DEC), UAE, Cairo branch, Egypt
o Head of Architects.
Leading architectural staff to develop concept design to produce construction / tender architectural packages for various residential and offices towers in Dubai.
2003- 2008 Zuhair Fayez Partnership, Cairo,, Egypt
o Project Architect / Sub Department head
Performs development of concept design to produce construction / tender architectural packages for various project types.
- Student Housing - King Fahd University for Petroleum & Mineral - KSA.
- Reyadat Taiba hotel towers - medina - KSA.
- King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology. KSA.
- Ministry of Transportation head quarter - Riyadh – KSA.
- Waalan Mall - Riyadh – KSA.
- King Khaled University (Male Campus , College of medicine, College of Pharmacy, conference center, shared classrooms, center of English language& college of administrative science.) Abha – KSA.
1991– 2002: Sakkn Engineering Consultant, Medina, KSA
o Architect / Designer
Provides design alternatives and prepares concept design drawings.
Develops and Modifies production drawings and construction documents for variety of Commercial, Residential and hotel buildings at Medina-KSA.
1988–1991: Sharkia Constructing & Building Company, Cairo, Egypt.
o Junior Architect
Assists project teams and works on a variety of Commercial and Residential buildings at Cairo, Egypt.
1989– 1991: Shafie - Sherif Bearu, Cairo, Egypt.
o Part timer Junior Architect
Assists project teams and works on a variety of health care and Residential buildings at Cairo, Egypt.
? Assoc. AIA member
? Member of Egyptian Engineering Syndicate
Computer AutoCAD 2014