Kerry Crow — http://crowdesign.com
Kerry has experience working with individuals, small businesses, and large corporations—in many industries or pursuits. She enjoys working for clients that strive for excellence in their products and services, as well as their marketing and communications. Kerry possesses strong communication skills and an interest in content as well as design. She listens to what client wants to communicate, works to interpret that message for the audience.
She understands the level of communication needed within a corporate or creative community. An active team member whether working with clients, staff members, or those providing contracted services, Kerry is comfortable in leadership roles and willing to share knowledge. She appreciates the opportunity to learn from others.
Art Direction: Collaborates with project owner and design team members to develop concept, content, information flow, and visual communication for their specific audience. Communicates look and feel effectively, and understands the use of consistent branding elements and messages through multiple projects. Promotes a casual, yet professional atmosphere and encourages collaboration.
• Project management: Knowledge of print file preparation, estimating, production methods, press checks, and bindery requirements. Familiar with web project-planning and production processes.
• Photo shoot direction and planning, has worked as photographer for in-house product shots.
• Cultivates good working relationships with freelance artists and writers, print facilities, and web service providers.
• Experience working with overseas vendors.
Graphic Design: Has a good eye for color and pacing. Consistency in layout, text treatment, and branding. Presents design styles appropriate to project.
• Print projects include logo design, branding, brochures, packaging design, direct mail, book design, print ads, trade show display, signage, catalogs, and collateral.
• Web projects include web graphics and user interface design, websites, online stores, Flash elements, HTML email, banner ads and landing pages, CMS custom themes.
• Presentation materials and storyboards.
• Apparel design (pre-production illustration), textile patterns and repeats, imprints and separations.
• Skilled in scanning, color correction, and photo editing.
• Has produced foreign language versions of English language documents.
Illustration: Traditional media, digital (vector and bitmap), and combined traditional and digital techniques.
Writing: Kerry has experience writing and copy-editing for editorial, promotional, advertising and social media platforms. She writes effective business communication.
Software and Coding:
• Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Acrobat
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Quark XPress (Currently using InDesign)
• HTML and CSS, script implementation, media embedding, hooks and custom code in CMS themes (Wordpress, Joomla, Concrete5, Ning, E-zekial)
11/1993–present: Creative Director; Crow Design, Vancouver, WA
As owner and Creative Director, Kerry collaborates with client on concept, content, and style. Work includes: project management, concept, print design, web design, identity, display and signage, illustration, packaging, photo direction, copy editing, apparel concept and illustration, textile design. This position also requires administrative and accounting skills. Clients include individuals or small to large industries, agencies, and organizations.
2/1999–2009: Contract assignments through talent agencies; Portland, OR
Contract Design assignments for Waggener Edstrom, KP Corporation, Big Shot Pictures, NIKE, Nautilus, Columbia Sportswear, Direct Marketing Solutions, CTS Language Link, and others.
6/2006–05/2008: Marketing Manager; Sun Furniture, Vancouver, WA
Part-time Marketing Manager for an importing business including a wholesale division, two retail divisions, and an online store. Responsibilities included media buying, print and web production, catalog, in-house photography, and direct mail (business-to-business and business-to-consumer).
9/2001–8/2003: Graphic Designer; HOSTS Learning, Vancouver, WA
Projects for this K-12 education software company included brochures, posters, ads, trade show display, invitations, web edits, Power Point presentations, illustration, copyediting, and print management.
• Worked with design and executive leadership teams to update corporate image and logo, and to develop graphics standards and color palette. Provided copy writing for the standards document.
• Developed a comprehensive, client-focused marketing brochure/presentation sales piece.
• Provided instruction to other designers in scanning and color correction. Mentored other designers in obtaining printing quotes and preparing files for print.
10/1993–12/1993: Outside Sales and Graphic Design; Copies Now, Vancouver, WA
8/1993–10/1993: Advertising Sales; The Regional Directory, Vancouver, WA
6/1982–4/1985 and 3/1989–8/1993: Graphic Artist/Illustrator; The Reflector, Battle Ground, WA
Work for this weekly newspaper and printing company included advertising layout, page design, inside ad sales, illustration, design for printing clients, print estimating, production, and customer service.
Clark College; Vancouver, WA, 1981–1982
The Burnley School of Professional Art; Seattle, WA, 1978–1980
Received certificate in August of 1980. Records are available through Seattle Art Institute.
Continued education and training through employers, online classes, workshops, and individual study.
• Sierra Club, Loo Wit Group of the Cascade Chapter: 2007-2010 Political Chair, Executive Committee; 2011 Group Co-Chair, Executive Committee, and Political Chair.
• WHO (Seasonal overflow shelter for homeless).
Gardening, hiking, music, cooking, painting, and creative writing.