Deloitte Services LP July 1984 – PRESENT
Manager, Mid-America Internal Communications (2006 - Present)
• Manage online content of the regional site, write and post articles
• Frequent Deloitte Life contributor (firm’s quarterly online magazine)
• Interact with senior leaders across the region and conduct interviews
• Attended speeches by the chairman of the board as well as other firm leaders, including astronaut Sally Ride
• Primary writer for the regional managing partner’s bi-weekly newsletter , writing most of her 200 word intros
• Extremely cognizant about expectations of internal stakeholders and deadlines, providing frequent status reports
• Write many client win articles, and conduct due diligence to ensure all necessary parties review and approve
• Have strong proven track record of working independently and virtually on multi-faceted projects for our ever-increasing culturally diverse audience
• Assist regional community involvement manager to promote the firm in a positive manner
• Passionate about creative writing and an avid reader of news, women’s magazines, etc.
• Good knowledge of Share Point, a working knowledge of digital media and HTML. Proficient in PowerPoint.
• Edit office newsletters to ensure they are brand compliant and adhere to the AP and firm’s style guide
• Constantly search for interesting people to profile in a feature article
• Wrote three-minute script for Deloitte Film Festival featuring regional leaders
• Create communications for many leaders and assist in developing editorial calendar
• Preplan and organize to keep an adequate amount of articles in the pipeline
• Project lead in designing, creating and maintaining Web pages
• Monitor traffic to the site
• Occasionally write talking points for leadership at internal/external events
• Create campus newsletters and brochures
• Possess excellent oral skills
• Member of US Communications Brain Power group
HR administrative assistant (2002-2005)
• Present bi-weekly new hire orientation
• Locate Mt. Everest climber who was a motivational speaker to speak to Houston professionals
• Help integrate 70 New Orleans colleagues to Houston displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
• Coordinate all phases of relocating incoming colleagues (JITs) from India/South Africa
• JIT regional coordinator – revised content of JIT Web site to give “sales pitch” on cities in Mid-America. Managed on-boarding with respect to cultural awareness; apartments, rental cars, etc.
• Coordinate office wide holiday/promotion parties and select menu and drinks
• Secure temporary administrative personnel by reviewing resumes, matching job skills; and providing evaluations
Tax administrative supervisor and administrative assistant (August 2002 to July 1984)
• Supervise 22 administrative assistants
• Assist in assimilating 300 Arthur Andersen employees who arrived on one day in May 2002
• Conduct year-end evaluations.
• Assess overtime needs and scheduled weekend /evening shifts.
• Published in: Woman’s Day, First for Women, Today’s Christian Woman, Christian Single,
Home Life, Texas (Houston Chronicle insert), Guideposts and Decision.
The Kingwood Observer, 1990 - 1995
• Stringer for local newspaper, interview local politicians and judges, including now U.S. House Representative Ted Poe
• University of Houston, B.A. in Corporate Communications, Dec. 2011 (seven courses remaining). GPA 3.83
• Christian speaker
• Travel, especially overseas