Resume of Matthew Dean
• Software Development–Python, Ruby, C/C++/Objective-C, Lisp/Clojure
• Ecommerce Solutions—WooCommerce, Magento, Zencart, Lightspeed,
• CMS—Wordpress, Publisher, Photoshelter, Drupal, Joomla, Squarespace,
• Social Network Platforms—Ning, WordPress MU/Buddypress, Custom
• Blogging Platforms—Wordpress MU/Buddypress, Blogger, Tumblr,
Squarespace, Behance, etc.
• Graphic Editing—Adobe CS/Creative Cloud/GIMP
• Wiki Development
• Rich Media Solutions—Audio/Video (engineering, editing, integration and
presentation), AVID/ProTools, Final Cut Pro, Reason 7, Logic Pro
• Sys Admin—LAMP/MAMP/XXAMP
• POS Integration—Lightspeed, Square, Paypal
• Email Blasts and Newsletters–Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Vertical
• Technical Support, Consulting, and Training
Freelance Web Developer and Consultant, San Francisco, CA 2003-2015 Website: http://m-68.com
Duties: Program websites, CMS, etc. for diverse clientele using cutting edge technology. Configure servers and domains. Prepare and configure ecommerce solutions. Consult and tutor on a variety of subjects. Prepare and deliver email campaigns and newsletters. Edit audio and video for a variety of media and applications. Create custom solutions and programming for a diverse set of clientele and situations. Devise and apply SEO/SMM solutions, and track progress. Assist with POS issues. Interact with multiple designers, project managers, and others in the production process.
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA 1999-2003 Position: Technical Manager
Duties: Provide technical support and training to students, faculty and staff. Provide both reference and technical assistance in person, on telephone, and on line. Create documents, multimedia, and databases on demand. Manage technology in large academic library environment, including scheduling major and minor work details as well as tracking usage in monthly reports. Order all supplies for technology.
Kinko’s Inc., San Francisco, CA 1997-1999 Position: Computer Services/Color Specialist
Duties: Document production/reproduction. Design and desktop publishing customer service. Support all customer inquiries, provide technical assistance and price quotes. Handle all incoming and outgoing production workflow’s in-person, telephone, on-line, FedEx, UPS, and internal shipping/receiving. Hardware and software installation and trouble shooting.
Harvard University, Widener Library, Cambridge, MA 1989-1993 Position: Library Assistant 5
Duties: Preservation specialist for rare and semi-rare monographs. Research, cataloging, networking with other libraries. Utilize and update Harvard’s proprietary cataloging environment, HOLLIS for monographs and serials. Develop systems for researching and replacing monographs and serials via world wide network of academic and public libraries. Assess and prepare materials for conservation lab and/or off site storage in climate controlled environments.
• Web Development
• Color Theory
• Audio Engineering
• Video Production and editing
City College of San Francisco, CA 2006-2008
Soko Gakuen, San Francisco, CA 2005
Antioch College, Yellow Springs, OH 1986-1989
Longy School of Music, Cambridge, MA 1992-1994
References provided upon request.