San Diego CA.
Detailed oriented healthcare billing specialist and administrative assistant with over 5 years of public relations experience. Diverse in a professional office setting or freelance. Knowledgeable in electronic filing work comp, commercial and government claims, such as Medical and Medicare. A valuable team player who is comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
• Maintains strict confidentiality
• Knowledge of HMOs, Medicare and Medi-Cal
• HIPAA compliance
• Medical billing software
• Strong planning skills
• Team player with positive attitude
• Good written communication
• Patient-focused care
• Strong work ethic
• Exercises good judgment
• Health care billing proficiency
• Problem resolution ability
Senior Medical Billing/Account Receivables Analyst
June 2015 to Current
Amura Health Solutions - Del Mar, CA
• Consulting- San Diego Demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations Appropriately handling patient information Analyze and interpret patient medical records for ICO-1O codes that meet current standards Administrative organization and support. Prioritizing accounts and work flow to meet management goals, data entry and paper claim filing. Assistance with revenue cycle management resolution and follow through. Responsible for performing collections on past due claims in the range of current to over 180 days delinquent. Filing appeals for denials and submitting requests for authorizations of medical procedures.
Senior Special Orders Representative
February 2008 to August 2014
Government Services HD Supply - San Diego, CA
• Research and source items for all special order request in all product lines Manage field
sales personnel and accounts. Prepare formal quotes Work closely with our suppliers to
source products Process payments with credit cards or purchase order numbers.
Special Orders Representative
February 2008 to September 2014
HD Supply - San Diego, CA
• Research and source items for all special order requests in all product lines. Responsible for processing all return requests, and reconciling all invoice discrepancies. Preparing consumer quotes by working closely with various vendors to provide goods and services Answer a constant flow of customer vendor calls Addressed and resolved customer product complaints empathetically and professionally. Follows up on unaccepted customer quotes with the intention to convert to a sale. Verifies quote information is current and accurate (i.e, PO numbers, payment terms, pricing and part numbers).
April 2006 to May 2007
Siemens Water Technologies - San Diego, CA
• Answered and quickly redirected calls to the correct department or individual. Ordered and distributed office supplies while adhering to a fixed office budget. Coordinated domestic and international travel arrangements, including booking airfare, hotel and transportation.
Ordered all replacement parts as well as coordinated overnight travel for off-site jobs.
June 2004 to September 2006
OJ Orthopedics - Vista, CA
• Received inbound calls from patients, doctors and field sales Prepared price quotes for
medical devices. Calculated patient's insurance deductibles Processed prior authorizations
Worked closely with various commercial insurance companies for accuracy in deductibles Accurately documented, researched and resolved patient issues. Answered a constant flow of customer calls in a call center atmosphere Facilitated problem resolution in the computer system. Maintained a high level of quality and accuracy when processing 3rd party billings for our clients, issued credits.
Education and Training-
Associate of Science: Criminal Justice, Graduate 2009
Remington College - San Diego, CA
Associate of Arts: BEH Science AODS Licensing Program, Current
San Diego City College & Mesa College- San Diego, CA
administrative, medical billings, budget, call center, consulting, contracts, credits, clients, data entry, filing, ICD-10, insurance, office, personnel, persuasive, pricing, problem resolution, speaker, quality assurance, reconciling, research, sales, transportation and travel arrangements