Experienced and skilled Software engineer looking for a challenging role in the field of Quality Assurance Testing.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Over 3 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing on Client-Server, GUI and Web based applications using both manual and automated techniques.
• 2+ years’ experience in Database programming and data migration using MS SQL.
• 1+ years’ experience in GUI development using .net technologies.
• Proficient in Agile and Waterfall based methodologies.
• Possess extensive experience in analyzing the Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Speci?cations and Technical Speci?cations Documents.
• Excellent knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and its processes.
• Extensive experience in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data and Test Reports from Business/Functional Requirements.
• Strong experience in Functional, Sanity, System, Regression, Integration, Cross-browser, End To End, Re-testing, Security, UAT and Usability testing.
• Working knowledge of automated testing and test management using Mercury/ HP Quick Test Professional and HP Quality Centre.
• Used Quality Center for Test Management and Defects Tracking purpose.
• Used Quick Test Professional for regression testing and can integrate with Quality Center.
• Solid experience in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking.
• Experience with data and database veri?cation using SQL and MS Access.
• Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
• Excellent team player with good leadership, analytical, organizational and communication skills and have the ability to work independently.
• Excellent implementation skills, highly adaptable and committed, with urge to grow and eagerness to learn.
• Worked on multiple projects within aggressive time schedules and worked diligently towards achieving team goals.
• Over 5 year experience in Banking and wealth management domain.
Automation Tools : HP Quick Test Professional
Test Management Tools : HP Quality Center
Desktop Operating Systems : Windows, Linux, UNIX
Web Browsers : Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari
Programming Languages : C, C++, Java, .Net
Web Technologies : HTML, CSS, XML
Databases : MS SQL Server, Oracle(9i, 10g), MS Access
Company: Envestnet, India (www.Envestnet.com) Jun 2008 – Mar 2015
Envestnet is a leading provider of integrated portfolio, practice management, and reporting solutions to
financial advisors and institutions. Envestnet platform encompasses a broad range of institutional-quality
Research, investment products, and advisory resources.
Client: Comerica (www.comerica.com)
Comerica Incorporated is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, strategically aligned into three major business segments: the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management.
Role: Quality Assurance Senior Engineer
Project: Business Data Migration- Wealth Management-Financial Data
Managed the data migration and consolidation project of the trade and market data for Equity, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds and all types of bonds. They were validated, consolidated, and uploaded into the Envestnet centralized database.
• Lead the QA team for the data migration and consolidation project to perform end-to-end test
• Interacted with business users in gathering information for business requirements and rules
• Coordinate, prioritize, and track test activities and tasks for each project.
• Prepare and maintain required testing documentation, including Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, and requirement traceability matrix
• Manage overall full life cycle testing during each of the releases, and implement of the quality product successfully
• Execute Quality Checkpoints pertaining to testing readiness for Integration System Test, User Acceptance Test, and Performance Test
• Carry out testing tasks, and prepared status reports as projects require
• Raise potential issues to the appropriate parties and interacted with all levels of staff for resolving issues
• Support specialists¡¦ work in a cross-functional environment including development, networking,
• operating systems, database, application servers and web serving
• Environment: MS-SQL SERVER, ASP.Net, XML, Query Analyzer, Mercury Enterprise Quality Center.
Client: AIG (www.aig.com)
AIG is an American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries.
Project: AIG-Investments- Data Migration.
Role: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
Managed the migration and consolidation project of Financial data and Nonfinancial data, which includes Enterprise, Firm, Branch, Advisor, Client , Account, Advisor Fee schedule , Transaction details, Performance details, Fee schedules…etc. The methodology adopted here was Agile.
• Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and System Speci?cations.
• Involved in Review/Scrum meetings on day to day basis to gather information and to keep track of the progress of the project.
• Involved in Creating and Exporting Test Cases and Defects from Excel sheet to Quality Center.
• Responsible for all Phases of testing for AIG data migration.
• Prepared Test Scenarios from the requirements document and stored them in Quality Center.
• Created and executed Test Cases in Quality Center.
• Mapped Test Cases to the Requirements in Quality Center using Requirement Coverage Functionality. Performed Functional tests, Regression, System, End to End, GUI, Retesting and Security Testing.
• Performed Database testing using SQL queries.
• Logged the defects with proper priority and severity using Quality Centre.
• Retested the defects based on the attached release notes in each build.
• Provided Defect and Execution status reports to the QA manager.
Environment: Quality Centre 10.0, Windows 7, MSSQL 2012, HTML, ASP.Net, Query Analyzer
Client: BMO Harris (www.bmoharris.com)
BMO Harris Bank, N.A. is a United States bank based in Chicago, Illinois.The bank is a subsidiary of the Canadian Bank of Montreal, commonly known as "BMO", which owns BMO Harris Bank through the holding company BMO Financial Corporation.
Project: BMO Wealth Management- Data Migration.
Role: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
Data migration of the existing BMO Harris Wealth management platform to Envestnet platform. Managed the migration and consolidation project of Financial data and Nonfinancial data. After the data integration to the Envestnet platform, we tested GUI, Reports ,Fee schedules, Investment models…etc.
• Produced Functional Test Suite from these business requirements and specifications
• Developed and executed test scripts and scenarios for Functional, GUI, Content, and Security Testing
• Monitored , analyzed test results and reported to the upper management
• Defined entrance/exit criteria prior to QA start of projects and validated them prior to system test signoff
• Tracked project progress and reported on daily and weekly basis to executive management
Environment: Quality Centre 8, Windows 7, MSSQL 2012, HTML, ASP.Net, Query Analyzer
Client: Loring Ward
Project: Advisor Site
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer.
Loring ward Advisor site is developed for the advisors to manage the advisor level activities such as create proposals, add client and accounts, Investment group creation, Fee schedule creation, rebalancing function…etc. The methodology adopted here was Agile.
• Requested for project overview from a business perspective for better understanding.
• Assisted in creation of the Test Plan, which includes - testing overview, test objectives, test strategies, test environment and tests to be performed.
• Involved in Scrum meetings on day to day basis.
• Participated in walk – through, reviews of code and test cases.
• Created detailed Test scenarios from the requirements documents and stored them in the test plan tab of Quality Center.
• Documented detailed Test cases by incorporating both positive and negative conditions in Test plan tab of Quality Center.
• Prepared the Traceability Matrix Report using Quality Center.
• Developed and executed Test Cases for Functionality, Usability, Cross Browser, URL navigation, Security Testing and System Testing of the application.
• Identi?ed test cases for Sanity testing based on the business priorities.
• Executed Sanity test cases on the received builds to validate the stability of the build as per Testers Acceptance testing.
• Performed Regression Testing upon receiving new builds and updated the test cases, according to the new build.
• Performed Back end testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
• Logged the defects with proper priority and severity using Quality Centre as defect management tool.
• Provided weekly status reports to the QA manager.
Environment: Quality Centre 9.0, Windows NT, VB.Net, ASP.Net, HTML, Java and VB Scripts, MS SQL 2010.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications
• Bachelor of Computer Science, Mahatma Ghandi University.
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in SQL Server 2008, Database Development.
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in.NET Framework 4, Web Applications (ASP.Net and C#)
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST