I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Illustration from Moore College of Art and Design, where I honed my skills in disciplines such as illustration, graphic design, typography, stationery design, calligraphy, and more. As an artist, I am attracted to anything that captivates, and so I have learned how to use color, texture, and placement to create something that catches and holds the attention of the audience. I was able to showcase these techniques when I designed a kimono for the production of Madama Butterfly, held at Philadelphia’s Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, where my digital textile design was chosen for display as an engineered print at the production’s gallery exhibition.
I currently work as a freelance artist, creating portraits, murals, greeting cards, and more. I love the mixture of labor and art that helps to make a client’s vision into a reality. Every day is an adventure and each project a challenge. It is enormously gratifying to see the hard work finalize into a tangible beauty, and to be able to share a product that the client is happy with. My work is professional, clean, and intricately detailed, using a variety of mediums from oil and acrylic paint, to graphite or colored pencil, to digital mediums such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Corel Painter.
Freelance Illustrator, Muralist, and Designer, 2010–present
- Create artwork for clients in various concepts and purposes
- Design innovative and imaginative illustrations with a strong focus in storytelling
- Skilled in mediums such as digital artistry, oil and acrylic paint, colored pencil, and graphite pencil
Freelance work includes:
- Realistic portraits of people and pets
- Greeting cards for holidays, special occasions, and ‘Just Because’ themes
- Floor-to-ceiling murals for children’s nurseries