Paralegal and secretarial work. J D. Degree
Will negotiate contracts per work assignments.
2015-2-2016- Paralegal – prepared demands for insurance settlements in the litigation division, prepared calendar and correspondence for attorney. Documents were prepared in MSWord and Excel.
Client phone correspondence for attorney advising clients regarding case and noting case information in Trialworks software. Filing, mail and Alafile responsibilities for the attorney.
All copying, scanning and faxes were done for clients to insurance companies for settlements
due to personal injuries from automobile accidents and other civil accident cases.
• Client claims review; Client intake and acquisition of case documents and legal research.
• Evaluation and processing of legal documentation via Federal & Alabama Electronic Filing System, ALABAR
*Contract review as related to casework.
• File and maintain electronic and paper copies of all legal filings
*Five years experience with Medical legal documents & records
• Typing in legal software, organizing files and correspondence for attorney. Assists Attorney with case reports and special legal case projects as requested
• Custody of confidential material and sensitive information
• Juris Doctorate Degree and Technical certification Information Assurance- IT, MS Suite & PowerPoint
• In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles of law
• Conduct independent research and analysis for clients’ legal case claims
• Work skills for culturally diverse work environment daily interaction with public.
• Communicates with state & federal courts daily.
• Expert and excellent IT Skills and Proficiency in MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook).
2013-Summer-Contract Agreement Review Legal Assistant- Robert Half Legal-review with
Vendors on contracts & RFP & ROI’s. Wrote & changed contracts for individual projects.
• Summer - 2012- Document Review- Relativity Contract Assignment: Hire Counsel Temp. Agency- Large Corporate Litigation, Columbia, S.C., Healthcare Pharmaceutical reviews Class Action Case. Relativity Software implemented for Coding and review purposes. The Case categories are confidential due to litigation. Coding documents for Issues: i.e., Privileged, Not Privileged, & Privileged Not-Relevant issues regarding drug side effects
Jan-May-2012-Civil litigation involved legal cases in legal areas of Insurance Defense and Plaintiff representation. Paralegal - preparing complaints, petitions, motions, interrogatories and other correspondence. Requests of medical records for litigation cases.
• Electronic filing cases in the state of Alabama, ex., litigation cases. Research and computer skills required in maintaining records and billing calculations regarding damages. My duties included requesting medical records, insurance information, and interviewing clients. Part-time.
• Successful experience with drafting and electronic filing of pleadings and motions, summarization of medical records, deposition scheduling and trial preparation, and legal research.
• Electronic Filing, experience, software knowledge PACER, Summation, Excel, and document management software
•Legal duties: General responsibilities, medical summarizations, acquiring medical notes, calculation of damages, (Excel), Dr’s notes and deposition Summarizations. Scheduling Dr’s and other witness’s for depositions for trial. Accounting: daily intake of payments of case & court fees. Payment of medical records requests, certified copies for Trial. Dictation and typing also as needed. IT skills are strong and outstanding, as I have recently acquired a IT Information Assurance, Certification, Masters Certification, UAH, 2014. Huntsville, AL.
IT compliance Security and Legal Security issues.
• Knowledge of various software applications and tools to protect computer information with diverse software Information System Design ( Use Case Tools) and Security Defense Network, Forensic Software and network tools. SAP-ERP Analysis Company analysis projects required Analysis and Power Point Presentation to Executives and UAH Instructors.
2008-2012- UAH- worked on M.S – Information Systems.
2004-2007-Duties phone, general office and legal typing, calendar, mail & other assigned duties. General client intake. Civil litigation law firm. Prepared lawsuit petitions, summarized depositions, prepared & answered interrogatories , motions, objections along with other appropriate legal documents regarding civil litigation.
2000-2004 - Paralegal –Attorney, William Davis, Birmingham, AL. Law Clerk and paralegal duties clerk responsibilities, Legal secretarial responsibilities. Responsibilities included, in civil litigation, Car Accident Cases, Bankruptcy , Workers Comp, Appeals. Electronic filing cases in civil litigation, accident cases, damages, intake of clients, and typing legal cases to file suit. Legal documents prepared were Motions, Civil Appeals, Orders, Subpoenas, Interrogatories, Letters of Representation, Motions to Withdraw, Motions for Summary Judgment and other court documents as the case was filed and proceeded through trial. Travel arrangements While attending- Birmingham Law School- worked to gain experience during the day At the firm of William Davis, civil litigation, paralegal and law clerk .
Education: UAH, Masters of Science Certification, Information Assurance, 2014; GPA 3.4- inception through discovery and verdict.
• IT – Information Assurance Certification, MS, UAH, Huntsville, AL- security of information technology information specialization. Experience in Network Defense; back up of software information and security. The specialization meets all security requirements for Federal and State guidelines including DOD.
• Certification includes courses and practices of Computer Network Security, Business Contingency Planning, (plans for protecting network in private and public companies), Computer Forensics, Information Security Management, and Supply Chain Management.
Birmingham Law School of Law –J.D Law, 2001, GPA 3.0
Birmingham Southern College- M.S. Business MNG, 1985, Business courses GPA 3.0
Vanderbilt- Education /ECE Major, B.S. Honor Society, 1980, GPA 2.96/ 3.0
Specialization in Information Assurance Certification, 2012, GPA 3.4
• Adult Education- Other work skills: Virginia College stand in instructor/ Substitute.
• Elementary educator – prior to legal career.
• Avis manager- Supervisor and Manager, Madison, Al.
AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS-
Kappa Delta Epsilon- honorary scholastic society,
Lecture college students in legal course work at Virginia College.
Who’s Who in college
Have volunteered in community